Castrol vs Royal Purple

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Castrol in RSA have put forth a challenge to Royal Purple. They are convinced that Royal Purple will not give a power increase from a dyno run.

So the minimum increase must be 1% changing from Castrol to RP.
So the vehicle they doing the test on is a 240KW (0n the wheels) Cosworth.
Castrol are putting in RS in the engine, SMX in the gearbox and EP 90 in Diff.

Royal Purple is putting Racing 21 in the engine, Syncromax in the gearbox and Max-Gear in the Diff.

Any thoughts of what you think the outcome is gonna be??
grin.gif
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif
itschy.gif

okay guys, so sorry i've real busy lately.

The test was not done due to unforeseen circumstances, but is going to be done in the coming week.

Not sure about Castrol causes sludge, but i know Royal Purple doesn't.

Castrol RS is grouyp IV a PAO.
So is RP.

castrol are not sure if they want to test their products versus Royal Purple.
confused.gif

We said to them bring your best product, so they brought Castrol RS, when Royal Purple took out Racing 21, they changed their mind...
grin.gif
but we going to do it under strict supervision and its going to be done next weekend, it was planned for last week, but ...... pulled out last sec.

Sorry for messing you guys around, i'm as anxoius as you gentleman...
shocked.gif

Achilles,

If I knew you personally (and knew "where you were coming from") I would probably let this go. Since you, like me, are but a screen name on the internet, and things posted here can start unfounded rumors, I will tell you: this is beginning to sound "funny" to me. Maybe you are absolutely reporting the facts...maybe...

What would be funny about this, listen if you don't believe me, fair enough your decision. i only put on this BB that which is true, fair and honest
frown.gif

Castrol RS(10w60) was used(PAO) in the engine, SMX in the gearbox and ep90 in Diff.

ORiginal HP pushed out: 402

Once Castrol being replaced 404

Recieved 2HP from Castrol.

RP Racing 41(10w40) in engine, Synchromax in gearbox and Max-Gear in diff.

RP recieved 11HP from 404 to 415.

sorry so long gentleman
Over and Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back