Castrol Tection Diesel Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now that I have enjoyed shopping for (Deals) on oil...thanks folks, and Castrol has become a sponser....

I was at Shucks buying some 49 cent a qt. Chevron Supreme engine oil and saw Castrol Tection Diesel oil. A gallon was about 8 and a half bucks and the second gallon was free.

Is this a new product from Castrol? any one use this diesel oil? I did like it's gold color oil and the glug free jug nozzle.

What store was that? It sounds like a great deal on some great oil. Was it a a national chain. Let us know so we can all buy some 'cheap' oil. Save us 'oil burners' some $.

grin.gif

I haven't received the bill yet. As soon as I do I'll break it down and let you know. Coffee sure does taste better out of my newly acquired PSD mug!!!
grin.gif

I picked up 8 gallons before the end of the year when it was on sale for $5. Good stuff. The data sheet seems to hold up good in comparison to Rotella T and others. I'm using it in my saab right now!

If it's not over by now, there was a promo at AutoZone. Buy two, get one free. I also saw a thing on the Castol website that allowed you to print a coupon for a $6 rebate on purchase of three gallons. Now, does "buy two, get one free" constitute a "purchase" of three gallons?

It would depend on how they ring it up. If they ring up three gallons of tection, then show a $7.97 (how much it costs at my AZ) discount, I would think that shows as three purchased.

Does anyone think I am crazy for putting this stuff in a sludgeprone car where the manufacturer has been forced to recommend synth at 5k intervals?

Not that it matters, but...

By the way, from what I can gather from looking at Castrol's rebate, it looks like it won't be any problem to use it in conjuction w/ the by 2 get 1 free sale.

Well, I'm glad to get reinforcement from you Rich. I just worry with a turbo and sludge prone car but hello, look at what the oil is designed for. I know it's not everything, but looking at flash point, the Tection seems better than M1. But it seems if this was such a great alternative for sludge prone cars, more people would be doing this.

How can you beat a price of $.80 or less a quart.
With a nominal oci/ARX you should keep the sludgies away.
But I can use 15/40 only in warmer months.
I ran Schaeffers 15/40 for two oci's and it did fine.But being a BITOGer makes oil deals an automatic purchase!

"Does anyone think I am crazy for putting this stuff in a sludgeprone car where the manufacturer has been forced to recommend synth at 5k intervals?"
Not at all! I bought six gallons(Thank you Beanoil for the rebate link-do a search I think its still good)and intend to use it in a sludge possible Camry V6 when the weather warms up.
With 3oz. of ARX added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back