Castrol Synthetic Oil Filters?

Saw this on Amazon today. The shape of the case and the base plate look very Fram-ish. Safe to assume that it's a rebranded Ultra? Has anyone on here used one?

Saw this on Amazon today. The shape of the case and the base plate look very Fram-ish. Safe to assume that it's a rebranded Ultra?....

To me, baseplate in Amazon example appears to be the new(ish) Champ Labs baseplate design as seen in the Champ made Super Tech 9688. Difference being Castrol in example a with a silicone adbv. ST9688 like example uses the beveled thread boss found in many (but not all, including equivalent app Ultra XG7317) Fram filters. So no, 'I' would not assume rebranded Ultra based on the baseplate. Be interesting to see the bypass on example to confirm Champ Labs.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/super-tech-9688-cut-open.335149/

Last edited:
Saw this on Amazon today. The shape of the case and the base plate look very Fram-ish. Safe to assume that it's a rebranded Ultra? Has anyone on here used one?

Here is an existing thread on the exact same subject that was active as recently as yesterday:

The Framish are the real experts on Frams, need to ask one of them. I think it is Champish, like without the ecore cover plate and bypass holes.

Back