Castrol Syntec

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:

quote:

Originally posted by geeeman:
....do you REALLY know whats in that bottle of GC????????????????????????????????

I know what was in the bottles I bought: oil, green in color, that smelled like gummie bears.

I definitely know what's in my bottles too, since I did a VOA on it and this stuff is without a doubt the real deal, it's Formula SLX from Germany.

I stopped in at a local Autozone looking for a magnetic oil (pronounced earl) drain plug when I walked by the Castrol Syntec....

Sitting right in the front of their 0W-30 product was the elusive German Castrol. Exactly 1 bottle. All the rest of their product was the old crappy 0W-30.

I asked at the front counter if I could root around looking for more and I was told they had no back room but I could empty the shelves. I did, and as I was lining up 30 bottles on the floor the lone female sales clerk came by asking what was different about the German stuff. {I bet her manager made her come by. "You go talk to the crackpot"} I pointed out the ACEA specs and she looked at me like I had just escaped from an asylum.

Bottom line; they had only 1 bottle and yes I bought the 1 bottle. At least I know it exists and you guys aren't raving loons like the guys who talk about Bigfoot sightings and UFO abductions.

Now I just need 7 more bottles.....

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by guile:
drallen/Mark,

What oil filters did you use on your SHO? Also, how often did you change your oil?

TIA.

I use to use the Motorcraft FL400S with Castrol GTX and changed it every 3k miles.
I changed to the Castrol Syntec 0W-30 "Made in Germany" last time I changed the oil and I installed the AC Delco PFL400AC filter and I'll be changing it every 5-6k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back