Castrol Syntec PDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castrol emailed me all the PDS sheets for their oils. I can see that Castrol Syntec 0w-30 (US) is NOT GC. It's viscosity @100C is 10.0 and it is not A3 rated. Patman, I sent you the email from work today bc I thought maybe you could post them on here for everyone to see. (I don't want to login from work). They also say there 5w-30 and 10w-30 are 9.7 cSt and A3 rated which is impossible. There data sheets look as reliable as trying to find their oils.
rolleyes.gif

The specs given for the 0w30 are probably the old US made formula.

Probably. They looked way out of date. Patman should be able to post them once he gets my message. I asked the girl 2 times if she can say without a doubt that GC and US syntec 0w-30 are the same oil and she said yes. I asked her why the color was different and she said bc of various suppliers. The PDS sheets might already be here somewhere but I figured I would post them again. Nothing to be too excited about thats for sure.

[ February 12, 2004, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

I sent that file to my work computer and was able to open them up here.

Those data sheets are flat out wrong though. They claim 5w30 and 10w30 Syntec meets ACEA A3 specs! Not possible since those viscosities have an HTHS of 2.92 and 3.1 respectively.

Bad bad Castrol!
nono.gif

Castol currently has two sets of Syntec technical data sheets and it seems that both versions are wrong!
rolleyes.gif
The data that Castrol just sent me two or three days ago lists the Syntec 0W-30 as ACEA A1 instead of the current ACEA A3/B3/B4 and the Syntec 5W-30 and 10W-30 are listed as being ACEA A1/B1 instead of the current ACEA A5/B1 ratings.

quote:

Originally posted by Sin City:
Castol currently has two sets of Syntec technical data sheets and it seems that both versions are wrong!
rolleyes.gif
The data that Castrol just sent me two or three days ago lists the Syntec 0W-30 as ACEA A1 instead of the current ACEA A3/B3/B4 and the Syntec 5W-30 and 10W-30 are listed as being ACEA A1/B1 instead of the current ACEA A5/B1 ratings.

I think the CastrolUSA website has better and more current info. It says 0w-30 is ACEA A3/B3/B4 and 5w-30/10w-30 is ACEA A1/A5/B1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back