Castrol Syntec Blend ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would use it up and then after 3K dump it and go with Mobil 1 or another oil of your choice. I'm currently running M1 10W-30 SuperSyn in my 02 SS LS1 and i've had no consumption and my motor doesn't have the dreaded LS1 piston slap. Your idea of using M1 and and changing filter at 3k and changing entirely at 6K is what I am doing with mine currently. I would suggest an oil analysis at 3K miles though to see if your M1 can handle the extra 3K miles. Nice Car BTW!
cheers.gif

Why think this one out?

Hmmm...Mobil 1 vs Group III Syntec and GTX dino?

Don't waste money on those Castrol cheap skates when you can get a great over the counter Mobil 1 with its PAO formulation.

Gold versus silver....use the best even if it costs more.

I've seen many reports here about Castrol Syntec oil and that its not a good oil when compared to Mobile 1. But I haven't seen any reports concerning the Syntec blend. I have an LS1 and my first oil change I filled it with the Castrol Syntec blend. I'm getting ready for oil change #2 and I already have six more qts of the blend. Should I chunk it and use regular GTX or go with the Mobile 1?
I currently change oil every 3 k, and was thinking if I go with mobile 1 I could stretch it out to 6k with an oil filter change at the 3K interval.
confused.gif

I plan on keeping this car till it dies (2002 model T/A.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks.

[ January 30, 2003, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Weezz ]

Syntec blend is an even bigger scam than Syntec. You pay a lot more than GTX but only get 10% group 3 oil. It's not even close to a synthetic blend by any stretch. Their GTX high mileage contains more synthetic in it.

Use it up. At least I would. It may not be as good as Mobil 1 but you are changing at 3K anyway. During that time you can keep checking this board and perhaps come up with an oil that will fill your needs.
welcome.gif
to the board.

You already have the oil for the change and since you will again change it out in 3000 miles just use it. In the entire life of your vehicles it will not make any difference especially if you change oil every 3000 miles. How about sending the current oil in for analysis when you change it to provide some insight into the performance of this blend.

[ January 30, 2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Spector ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back