Castrol Syntec 5w20 2005 Ford f-150 5.4 3v

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my fleet company truck. It may be mine someday when it is retired as I can purchase it from surplus therefore I did a UOA on an engine that isn't currently mine.

The use of this truck is a daily commute to work 50 miles each way and an additional 25-50 miles a day on average of oilfield access roads where I may have the truck running for 3-4 hours straight while doing my field visits(Keeping the laptop cool in the AC).

Farmington NM is Dry and dusty so I was happy with the filtration and wear on this engine.
The oil is Bulk Castrol Syntec 5w20. The interval will remain at 4k with it for the remainder of its service in the fleet.

I struck some of the comments. I had a conversation with Blackstone earlier concerning my wifes Explorer report and in an attempt to make the comments more personal they mixed up the F150 as hers.

D82137bmp.jpg

Very nice report indeed! I would've thought for sure that all that idling would've resulted in more engine wear, so that's very surprising. If you do decide to buy this truck in the future, you can sleep well at night knowing that the engine is going to last a very long time with wear numbers like this. A lot of people don't give Castrol Syntec the credit it deserves.

Thanks PatMan I do try to take care of it like it is my own. The HOT idling doesn't seem to have much of an impact on wear. A new filter was installed at the beggining of this OCI and they usually only last about 2 OCI's here. (I bug the heck out of our fleet mechanic)

Last edited:
Nope it was nice dark used oil that was still hot when the fleet mechanic handed the sample bottle to me. Thanks, only about 20 months until it hits the retirement milage.

I'll be honest, I look at that report and to me its gibberish. I don't know what is good, what isn't good etc. Is there a tutorial on here somewhere? Or if someone could explain it to me briefly I would appreciate it! Thanks!

You know you're into oil when you start doing UOA's for vehicles that are not even yours! ha ha. J/K!

My wife was complaining about the cost showing up in our account. I made the mistake of comparing it as nothing compared to her hair maintenance.

Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
My wife was complaining about the cost showing up in our account.

At least yours was a UOA. I got nothing but grief after she discovered I paid for a VOA
06.gif
. Luck she didnt find out that I had done *2* of them in the past month
27.gif
!

Last edited:
I have UOA #3 (for the month) sitting on my desk waiting for postage....

FYI her hair dresser cost 200 bucks every 45 days + a 400 mile round trip drive + an overnight stay at a hotel + incidental shopping that goes with a trip to the big city. Although I am not wrong I won't mention it again. :)
spankme2.gif

Last edited:
400 mile trip for hair + $200 + hotel? You're in the right as far as your comparison.

Someone need's a divorce lawyer... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back