Castrol Syntec 0w30 (gold gc), 55 miles, 06 YZ250F

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAAaaaahhhhhh. Another satisfying report from the MMoD!
Do you think the GC stayed thicker because of less fuel dilution?
Thanks again for these posts!

titan,
that certainly is possible. blackstone says on the last havoline sample, i had to put-put along in 2nd for 1/4 mile before stopping at the truck. where as with the gc, i came off the race course and in 20 yards was at the truck.
i am quite surprised at how well gc held up.

Who knows, maybe the fuel viscosity value is just in the range of noise? Still, it does look like it at least held up better than most to the MMoD!

I wonder if the 10/40 would hold grade like this,or do they make that grade in GC?. Another thing is with the Auto clutch,you will not be working the clutch as much as a standard.With the Auto it will have a influence on not shearing. If you didn't work the clutch before the auto, then this wouldn't matter.Also if you work the clutch as much as you did before it would not matter either.I would think you are definetly not pulling in the clutch as much coming into the corners,but are you feathing it still to pick up a gear? or the same as before?.

ivm,
the mcf has not shown up yet, so no eta. boohooo
frown.gif

however, i do have exxon superflow 10w40 in it for a beating. we'll see how the tiger likes it when i yank its tail, hard!

i'm sure the difference is minimal. all of my uoa's on my old bike from august 02 on were with the same autoclutch, that is consistant and not a new factor really.

quote:

Originally posted by sunruh:
ivm,
the mcf has not shown up yet, so no eta. boohooo
frown.gif

however, i do have exxon superflow 10w40 in it for a beating. we'll see how the tiger likes it when i yank its tail, hard!

i'm sure the difference is minimal. all of my uoa's on my old bike from august 02 on were with the same autoclutch, that is consistant and not a new factor really.

Ok,your 01 had a auto too, that is a very fair test and validated. Wait, did you keep your same body weight each and every test?
smile.gif

[ March 03, 2006, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: KX 455 ]

yes, i had one of the first EFM no-stall autoclutches in my 01. i wouldn't trade it for anything.
sorry, but no i have not. my name is steve and i have a blue bell ice cream problem. i don't think i have hurt others because of my problem, but in taking this first step in admitting i have an ice cream problem i hope to someday over come it.
um, NOT!

ivm,
if you look at kzoo's 2 posts, he's already thrashed the amsoil good. now, maybe our riding style would be different and show up in the uoa, but i doubt it. it will all depend on how many rpm's he was turning for most of his motor time vs mine. i zing mine pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back