Castrol SLX arrives to my town!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wiped out my neighbourhood autoshop shelf.
 -

-

Made in Malaysia!
 -

Colour: Green.
Smell: Light hydrocarbon & lightly fragrant.
 -

fruit.gif

[ November 18, 2003, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Ken4 ]

SYNTHET "IQ" Intelligence???

Extra Energy Superfast Engine Protection !?!?

Boy...those marketing guys must be workin' a little OT...!!!

C'mon now...!
pat.gif

This is the Asian version of Castrol SLX.

Smells lightly hydrocarbon & very lightly fragrant (e.g. soap), but nothing like gummi bears.

This is the part I like the best "It's unique SYNTHETIQ INTELLIGENCE enables the oil to adjust intelligently to all kinds of driving conditions..."
pat.gif

quote:

Originally posted by dickwells:
That is way greener than GC. Must be dyed.

Nope. I poured GC in a jar just like that when I got my first bottle, and that's exactly what it looks like.

And the specs on the back of this SLX bottle are exactly the ones on the back of the German Syntec 0w30.

And while everyone's sense of smell is differt, this is obviously the same oil, folks, no matter where it's made.

quote:

Originally posted by geeeman:
SYNTHET "IQ" Intelligence???

Extra Energy Superfast Engine Protection !?!?

Boy...those marketing guys must be workin' a little OT...!!!

C'mon now...!
pat.gif

That's actually pretty good compared to the English slogans in Japan. It doesn't have to make sense...it just has to sound cool.
grin.gif
Toyota's debut message in Japan for the 2004 Lexus LS430 (Toyota Celsior):

"It lives in extreme luxury.
The moment of having a new appreciation personally if it carries out by being chosen.
It is not accidental and the moment visits to owner certainly.
When "EXECUTIVE LINE" is able to be accepted into, owner notices himself of a one rank upper class."

[ November 19, 2003, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: kreativ ]

If this is the same oil, it looks pretty d@mn good! I'd like to see it hit our shores in the same large cotainers as above. Good stuff.

Hi Ken4,

Nice to see you here
smile.gif

This might be off topic from Castrol SLX. This forum if I'm not mistaken is predominantly American. The oil marketed in the US have different names from where you and I come from (Singapore).

My experience on searching for Delvac 1300 Super locally was futile until a Czech website revealed that Delvac 1300 Super is also known as Delvac MX and Delvac MX is available locally. If I'm not wrong, Australia and NZ also markets Delvac 1300 Super as Delvac MX. Hopefully in this forum we can get some schizo names up for the different oils if there are any.

[ November 20, 2003, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: genie47 ]

Genie,
you've got to be careful with international oil translations even if they are the same name.

Down here, Delvac 1330 is NOT the same as the U.S. delvac 1330.

Ours has less ash, and a much lower viscoscity index.

"Nope. I poured GC in a jar just like that when I got my first bottle, and that's exactly what it looks like.

And the specs on the back of this SLX bottle are exactly the ones on the back of the German Syntec 0w30.

And while everyone's sense of smell is differt, this is obviously the same oil, folks, no matter where it's made. "

We have some kind of problem here, because I poured the GC I got in a beaker and it looked plain brown/transparent. The only green cast I could see was in the cap when it was against a white background and in a thin layer. Maybe they are varying the dye in the GC. Previously thought it was some kind of spectrum that brought it out.

Depends on how you view it. Hold it up against a light and it's brown with a tinge of green.

-

quote:

Originally posted by Ken4:
Depends on how you view it. Hold it up against a light and it's brown with a tinge of green.

Yes. You get the full "green effect" when it's front lit, which would be the case viewing it in the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back