Castrol Magnetic Bio-Synthetic 5W30 (Australian)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Website link.

TDS here

All castrol oil available in Australia is made in Malaysia except their Edge FST 5W30 VW504/507 oil (Europe somewhere) and this, their new Bio-Synthetic Magnetec blend (Thailand.)

I've not used it, Just saw it in the local parts store on the weekend and thought it was worth putting up here for discussion. Looks like it almost classifies as a mid saps oil (0.81%, so close but not quite.)

Keen to hear your thoughts
Jordan

Originally Posted By: JFAllen

All castrol oil available in Australia is made in Malaysia except their Edge FST 5W30 VW504/507 oil (Europe somewhere) and this, their new Bio-Synthetic Magnetec blend (Thailand.)

I've not used it, Just saw it in the local parts store on the weekend and thought it was worth putting up here for discussion. Looks like it almost classifies as a mid saps oil (0.81%, so close but not quite.)

Keen to hear your thoughts
Jordan

hey thanks for the info/update! I wasn't even aware of this.. Would love to see some UOA's on this or the EDGE Bio-synthetic.. guess I'll have to do some digging.

Again thanks!
cool.gif

Isn't this basically what traditional conventional is? LOL. Just kidding.

Very interesting to see this. Didn't even know it existed.

I've seen it in the shops around me, but I don't know much about it.

It has an impressive pour point of -45 C.

It made a sudden appearance shortly after they re-branded their GTX lineup. I'd be inclined to trust it but I don't want to because mineral is cheaper and I don't have to question it's effectiveness!

Yes, there has been a few new Castrol oils recently in Oz.

You have the new Magnatec Biosynthetic 5W30 (SN & GF-5), Castrol Magnatec 5W40 Full Synthetic (SN & A3/B4), Magnatec Stop-Start 5W30 A5 (full synthetic A5/B5 & Ford 913D) and the new GTX UltraClean semi-synthetics in 15W40 (SN & A3/B3) and 10W30 (SN & GF-5).

BTW right now Bunnings Hardware has the GTX 15W40 UltraClean at $16 for 5L as their everyday price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back