Castrol Magnatec vs Edge Titanium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Silver
I run Magnatec 0w20 because of some startup noise. It eliminated it. Maybe it was just the drop in cold viscosity. I chose it because it had one of the lowest 40C and highest 100C viscosities of all the oils readily available and an HTHS of 2.75.

What 0w20 brands were you using prior that brought you startup noise?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
No, it's marketing. The email he received was pure marketing mumbo-jumbo.

Intelligent molecules. Magnatec. EDGE. LIVE LIFE ON THE EGDE. GTX. The "X" makes it cool. Extended Performance.

Otherwise they'd all be in gray bottles labeled: Castrol, Castrol Better, Castrol Best, Castrol Best for Longer, and Castrol Super Best. That would still be marketing I suppose, but at least their point would be clear.

I agree. They copied and pasted their canned responses right into an email, and fired it off.

Originally Posted by SlavaB
I use Magnatec since it has lower NOACK than Edge.
Call it placebo, but my car loves it the most - way smoother starts, faster warm up (I did measure time and distance comparing to PP and M1) and quieter idle. I did run Edge when it was still d1G1 and it was nothing special, but d1G2 should be different for sure

sorry for the bump but where did find thos specs?castrol dosnt provide any,love to find out more on thos products.
tnx.

I want to use the Spec'd 0W20. Titanium film strength, Castrol dispersants, and the secret sauce low phosphorus additive pack found in this high mileage oil brought me to
Black Bottle Castrol EDGE HM 0W20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back