Castrol Magnatec Scratch-n-Feel... What? Molecules

Status
Not open for further replies.
4x Smoother "Feel Me" (which, by the way, never works as a pick-up line) Seems to be Castrol's new marketing method. What the heck are they talking about? Whats next, a scratch-and-sniff for a special smell?

M5UPNfk.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently the stickered textures imply you'll get rough lobes if you don't use Magnatec. Wondering if thats true. How it could be true.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Another triumph of Castrol's marketing department.
Ranks right up there with "Think with your dipstick".
Yup. If my dipstick could think, it definately wouldn't be thinking about Jiffy Lube.

Still haven't found any info at all on what test caused the severe scuffing in the one case. Did they put sand in the oil? Seems the smooth side is something any good oil would give you anyway.

I knew a stripper named Jiffy Lube...Or maybe it was the hooker who chased me down Yonge Street.

That is a neat gimmick.

Originally Posted By: ZZBottom
Still haven't found any info at all on what test caused the severe scuffing in the one case. Did they put sand in the oil? Seems the smooth side is something any good oil would give you anyway.

As usual for Castrol, they have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with half arsed advertising...start-up was the same.

Positive that Oz has more "detail" on what the artists impression is supposed to mean, so rushed out to my stash to find an Oz bottle (it's empty, more on that later).

FRONT
IMG_20150317_071010.jpg

BACK
IMG_20150317_071101.jpg

In otherwords, they beat the Sequence IVA wear test (start-up wear, cold enigne/oil at full flow lube and rev levels) by a factor of 4, and this is an artist's representation of the relative roughness.

Every licenced oil has beat the sequence IVA by some margin, so how this compares to another oil is moot (although Valvoline's adds post Katrina were pretty specific)....

I'm also tendering those photos, from my stash as eveidence, so that next time I'm accused of recommending 20W50 in a 3.8V-6, I've got evidence...that was last OCI on my L67 Caprice. Currently got Magnatec 5W40 A3/B4, and my mileage computer is reporting a 1.7 drop in mileage over the economy ILSAC 5W30.

Noticed a difference between the Austral Magnatec oil "Feel Me" and the U.S. Magnatec oil one: Austral gets 15x smoother and the U.S. gets 4x smoother. Maybe it has something to do with why cyclones rotate clockwise in the southern hemisphere, counter in the north?

The intelligent molecules appear more intelligent in Australia.

They are so intelligent that they only cling to the critical engine parts.

Fuel Saver 5w30....
smile.gif
What do they call 0w20?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lex94
The intelligent molecules appear more intelligent in Australia.

They are so intelligent that they only cling to the critical engine parts.

Fuel Saver 5w30....
smile.gif
What do they call 0w20?

Sewing machine lube.

Originally Posted By: ZZBottom
0w-20, that stuffs thinner than water. Air has more viscosity.

No, just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back