Castrol Magnatec or Synblend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: David1
Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: gregk24
Does this oil do what it says it does? Sounds like marketing to me.
Rumor has it that you will never have to add air to your tires one this oil is used. The tire life will double as well!

Did you see the video?

The guy rub a abbrisive steal aginst his screen of his smart phone and it left no scratches?

and it was not even a oil film... Hmmm

I was going to say if that were true the Smartphone companies would add that moleclue to a cleaner or something.

However I figured.. The people who make android phones / I phones w/e you want to call em.
Want them to break so you can buy a new one.
:))))))))

However I have not seen this oil in the USA as of yet.

would be nice to see a UOA of it.

21 minutes of my life I could have spent staring at a wall or looking at the Amsoil literature.

Originally Posted By: Finklejag
We had Magnatec here in the US. It was called Start Up years back.

I remember the marketing campaign: something like "90% of engine wear occurs at startup! Protect your engine with Castrol's new . . ." etc.

It says this oil meets GM's dexos2 spec, which as I understand is a higher spec than the U.S. dexos1. Would there be any problem, warranty or otherwise, using it in a car which specs dexos1?

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral

I remember the marketing campaign: something like "90% of engine wear occurs at startup! Protect your engine with Castrol's new . . ." etc.

It says this oil meets GM's dexos2 spec, which as I understand is a higher spec than the U.S. dexos1. Would there be any problem, warranty or otherwise, using it in a car which specs dexos1?

I thought the dexos 2 spec was for their diesels. And dexos 1 for gasoline.

Checked their site, they have done some freshening lately! All the Magnetec stuff is on there, but the SynBlend still is as well.

Okay, watched all that. Do we have any UOA's for Magnetec? Hasn't it been available for years elsewhere?

So in spite of all the expense and marketing, if I wanted the best wear protection oil from Castrol it would be Magnetec, not Edge???

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Okay, watched all that. Do we have any UOA's for Magnetec? Hasn't it been available for years elsewhere?

Per my other magnatec thread, a statement by another poster is that Edge have gone to their next level up from Magnatec, which would explain 8 or so different "magnatecs" in Oz.

Here's a UOA from my nissan on the synthetic 5W40 A3/B4
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=588459

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral

I thought the dexos 2 spec was for their diesels. And dexos 1 for gasoline.

I had that impression too. But is dexos 2 *only* for diesel engines, or (like Rotella and Delvac) can it also be used in gas engines?

dexos2 is mid-SAPS, so is for DPF-diesels AND gasoline, primarily a European thing. Over here we essentially only get dexos2.

"Up to 75% of engine wear happens during warm-up - and that can take as long as 20 minutes"

It use to be 90% but since Xw-20 oils, it is now 75%

There is only one intelligent MolaKule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back