Castrol Magnatec 0W-20 Synthetic in Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.

SR5

Just spotted at SCA in Australia.

Castrol Magnatec 0W-20 Full Synthetic that is rated API SN & ILSAC GF-5 only (on the bottle). No Dexos spec but I'm fairly sure that GM-Australia only say to use 5W30 Dexos oil, so no market lost here. Same with the Chrysler / Jeep owners that I know, they get told to use 5W30 (MS 6395) so no love lost here either.

Anyway another synthetic 20 grade oil in Australia, to join Nulon, Penrite and Shell Helix.

They guy in the shop said it has only been out about 4 weeks.

They also had the full synthetic Magnatec 5W30 A5 (ACEA A5/B5 & Ford 913-C/D) there. Which is a more interesting oil to me. Both were about $60 for 5L full price (but less at the regular sales).

On sale today at SuperCheap Auto, was the full synthetic Magnatec 5W30 Stop-Start (API SN & ACEA A3/B4) it was 30% off so $36 for 5L.

Remember back in the day, when the only Magnatec was the 10W40 semi-synthetic ? Them were the daze...20W50 mineral or 15W40 mineral or 10W40 semi-synthetic, 'Nuff said, now off to the pub that only had 2 beers on tap.

Yes, GM Holden spec Dexos 1 Gen 2 5w30 for all petrol engines now. Chrysler ask for 5w20 and 0w20 in new models, Castrol are recommending Magnatec 0w20 for Chrysler vehicles

Thanks for that Supercity, from what i hear MS 6395 is effectively API SN so Magnatec 0W20 will work fine for those Jeep owners. Though I can't see Magnatec 5W30 A5/B5 causing them any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back