Castrol Magnatec 0w-20 - 16 Tundra - 6,175 miles *Heavy towing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great UOA
thumbsup2.gif
, overloaded rig.
31.gif

Hopefully OP will show this thread to his buddy. Although impressive, not a good idea - at all.

Originally Posted by mattd
As a fellow RVer I completely agree with dnewton. That truck is totally wrong for the application and is risking the safety of himself ,his passengers and those around him. By the look of that hitch it's mounted way too far back on the chassis too. He needs a 1 ton pickup with a diesel. If he ever gets to a DOT stop he is in trouble. Any state trooper should know that Truck is overloaded just by looking at it.

As far as the engine wear, it's fantastic for the use.

I suspect that the owner is aware of the overloaded condition due to the upgrades he made to the braking system of both the RV and the truck.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
So much for the theory that thin oils=heavy engine wear!!

Thin oils can protect properly when an engine is properly designed, engineered and produced. Of that there is no question. A great example would be the various gas turbine engines in the aviation world.

However, it's good to note that there are a great many engines that fail early due to oil related issues.

A while back, Shannow posted a great article on the lifespan of internal engine components with upcoming ultra thin oils. The conclusion was that lifespan was increased when the parts were designed properly for the thin oils. The issue remains that many manufacturers fail to do this and continue to use many of the same components they've been using for the last 30+ years.

Last edited:
Hi all. I haven't posted in a while but I must on this one. While I agree that is an impressive UOA the owner of that truck is grossly negligent! That truck is grossly overloaded and he is a danger to everyone on the highway. I pull a 42 foot fifth wheel CAT scaled at 16500 pounds with a 3800 lb pin weight. I also pull it with a 2019 F350 dually with 5250 pound payload rating. Naturally the truck pulls it effortlessly but no way would I pull it with anything less. Fellow RV'ers on here know how people cut you off, slam on the brakes in front of you, etc. NO WAY that truck has enough brake to stop a trailer that big. The rear truck tires are probably overloaded by double their rating, WHEN, not if, one blows out it will be an ugly scene. I promise you someone will get hurt. I implore the OP to have a talk with his buddy and encourage him to search the web and RV owner sites and get some input and advice. Proper tow vehicles are expensive but how much is your families life worth to you?? Rant over lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back