Castrol high milage or Valvoline Max life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to know what one is better castrol high milage or Valvoline Max life for my 01 Toyota Sequoia and Tacoma. I just put 4 Qt of Max life into my tacoma trans, truck has 175.000 miles on it and I think it shifts a lot better then when I was using Castrol Dexron III in the black bottle.

Depends on what *you* like; I currently run Maxlife in my Tacoma and Castrol Import in my Isuzu, with the Isuzu having much more mileage.

I like both vehicles in how they shift; I did NOT like the shift quality of what the Maxlife produced in the Isuzu the first time I used it. Went back to the Castrol Import and it shifts superbly.

The Isuzu calls for Dex III

The Tacoma calls for T-IV, of which both oils are spec'd for, but I've never tried the Castrol Import in the Tacoma, I just know that the Maxlife works just as good, if not better, then the factory ATF that came in it.

Originally Posted By: Ramblin Fever
Depends on what *you* like; I currently run Maxlife in my Tacoma and Castrol Import in my Isuzu, with the Isuzu having much more mileage.

I like both vehicles in how they shift; I did NOT like the shift quality of what the Maxlife produced in the Isuzu the first time I used it. Went back to the Castrol Import and it shifts superbly.

The Isuzu calls for Dex III

The Tacoma calls for T-IV, of which both oils are spec'd for, but I've never tried the Castrol Import in the Tacoma, I just know that the Maxlife works just as good, if not better, then the factory ATF that came in it.

the 01 tacos and tundras are DEXIII atf's.. i have an 02 and its dex3 as well.. maxlife atf i have used and liked.. i did switch to amsoil univerasl atf about 3-4 drain and fills ago.. love the stuff.. pricey but great.. if you would rather do more drain and fills and not pay for a synthetic then its hard to beat maxlife atf for the taco.. i had no shift issues with it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back