Castrol GTX vs QS 4x4 Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping to get some feed back from the members of this board relative to a question about these two oils. Presently, I use Castrol GTX 5w30 (colder months) Castrol GTX 10w30 (warmer months)in both of my vehicles. My 1995 Nissan Hardbody 4x4 V6 has 70,000 miles on it, and my 1998 Infinity QX4 4x4 V6 has 50,000 miles on it. Both vehicles get the oil and oil filter changed every 3 months or 3000 miles with out fail. In both I use a Nissan oil filter. Would QS 4x4 oil be a better choice, or should I stick with Castrol GTX?
Thanks
dunno.gif

If these two oils were all I could choose from, I'd stick with the Castrol GTX, which has shown consistently good UOA results on this forum.

[ February 26, 2003, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: G-Man II ]

two things, I've never understood the concept of developing an oil for 4x4 vehicles, what does the method of drivetrain have to do with the engine oil. I've always felt this was just another bunch of hype within the industry.

I'm still one of these Moly believers, so I would go with the Castrol GTX, just change it at 4000 miles, it isn't made to hold up for long intervals, but seems to work great under 5000 miles. If QS was to tell us what they do to their 4x4 oil to make it so great I might be inclined to look at it but the advertising of that oil doesn't do it any justice. If they were to say they blend a certain percentage of synthetic oils into that formula I might be more open minded to it, but as of right now I don't see why it would be better than any other oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back