Castrol GTX "Ultra clean Synblend 0w20 spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon BITOGERS. Girlfriend was with me at Wal Mart for few errands this afternoon. She spotted the Castrol GTX ultra clean 0w20 synblend. No price tags at all for this or Castrol HM oils also
confused2.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Well that's interesting. Last 0w-20 synblend I was aware of was the ConocoPhillips sourced 0w-20 that was available at Honda dealerships. I think that went away and was replaced with a full synthetic. I always thought that the Honda synblend was just a slightly thinner version of the Motorcraft 5w-20 that ConocoPhillips supplied to Ford.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Aww, shucks. Only a partial shot of that thumb we see so often on filter C&Ps. Pass on the 0W20 Castrol, my engines were designed in the Reagan era and hence require something thicker
smile.gif

Shhhhh, TripleSe7en will chastise you shortly as it's not full synthetic
lol.gif

Originally Posted by JunkdrawerDog
Well that's interesting. Last 0w-20 synblend I was aware of was the ConocoPhillips sourced 0w-20 that was available at Honda dealerships. I think that went away and was replaced with a full synthetic. I always thought that the Honda synblend was just a slightly thinner version of the Motorcraft 5w-20 that ConocoPhillips supplied to Ford.

Not certain on that

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Aww, shucks. Only a partial shot of that thumb we see so often on filter C&Ps. Pass on the 0W20 Castrol, my engines were designed in the Reagan era and hence require something thicker
smile.gif

lol.gif

No way Adam. I'll only chastise him for the synblend not being Dexos 1 Gen 2......lol

If the jug doesn't wear a D1/G2, I put it back on the store shelf.
Happy New Year Stude

Castrol GTX ULTRACLEAN 0W-20
Date of issue 07/26/2019.

Any concentration shown as a range is to protect confidentiality or is due to batch variation.

Highly refined base oil (IP 346 DMSO extract < 3%). Proprietary performance additives.

Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated heavy paraffinic 64742-54-7 â¥50 - â¤75
Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated heavy paraffinic 64742-54-7 â¥25 - â¤50

Ultraclean 0W20

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
smile.gif

lol.gif

No way Adam. I'll only chastise him for the synblend not being Dexos 1 Gen 2......lol

If the jug doesn't wear a D1/G2, I put it back on the store shelf.
Happy New Year Stude

But, but, but it says "superior turbo GDI Formula"
Happy New Year Triple Se7en
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Dude.. that's a bona fide unicorn. Castrol says it exists but it really doesn't. ...

Wait, but, but Wal Mart has it. I had it in my hands
spankme2.gif

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Dude.. that's a bona fide unicorn. Castrol says it exists but it really doesn't. ...

Wait, but, but Wal Mart has it. I had it in my hands
spankme2.gif

I once dated a girl, dumped her.. to only find out she went on to be a fashion model in her late 20's..so i know what ya mean. Sometimes these things slip through our grubby, unworthy little fingers!...‚

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back