Castrol GTX (no window)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or is anyone else annoyed by the fact that Castrol makes such a cheep bottle with no window on it? I litterally have to hold a shop light up to the bottle, of if it is a sunny day, hold it up in the air to see how much oil I've poured. Then with the Castrol HM green bottles...you can't see anything unless you use a shop light. I'm darn near ready to switch brands because of it. Does this tick anyone else off here?

I just pour the remaining Castrol into an empty Pennzoil bottle.
grin.gif

It doesn't tick me off any at all. The new bottles are a temporary stop-gap in response to supply chain problems due to Katrina.

ToyotaNSaturn,
I'm talking about the Castrol GTX and HM bottles. They have beenlike that since I've been driving a car. Has nothing to do with supply chain problems due to Katrina.

quote:

Is it just me, or is anyone else annoyed by the fact that Castrol makes such a cheep bottle with no window on it? I litterally have to hold a shop light up to the bottle, of if it is a sunny day, hold it up in the air to see how much oil I've poured. Then with the Castrol HM green bottles...you can't see anything unless you use a shop light. I'm darn near ready to switch brands because of it. Does this tick anyone else off here?

I have right here before me, a 5-Quart jug of Castrol GTX 10w-40, and it has a great, super-visible window all the way down the handle end of the jug. But as for the 1-Quart bottles of GTX, yeah, you are right, there's no sight window.

If the sight window is that important to you, why not go for the 5-Quart jugs?

Personally, I like to pour in about 3/4 of my sump capacity's worth, and then rely on the dipstick. One should not rely too much on the sight windows, in mine humble opinion.

I just used my last 6 quarts of GTX 5w-20 "Drive Hard." No windows on those, and they were on the shelf way before Katrina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back