Castrol GTX Magnatec at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: robo339
Has anyone used it yet?

I'm running it in my mom Jeep Liberty. Without getting accused of making blank statements, it's acousticly smooth. Only injectors can be heard.

I've used nearly 50L of Magnatec SP (5W40 synthetic, A3/B4) in my Nissan Diesel (UOA around somewhere), and currently my Caprice, after an OCI of Magnatec "Fuel Saver" 5W30.

Had a dinner mny years ago with a Castrol Chemist who was in on the development of the stuff, and beleive what they say.

Why is Walmart stocking Magnatec 5W-30 but no 10W-30 ?
confused2.gif

It's just appeared in Oz as a mass marketed, name brand, full synthetic for the first time. In the form of Edge 10W-30.

Yippee !!!
Just waiting for the sales to kick in.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
But the Edge doesn't have the magnetic molecules like the Magnatec has, correct ?

LOL Maybe? But if you call and ask Castrol they'll tell you Edge is a better product than Magnatec.

Last edited:
But the Edge doesn't have the magnetic molecules like the Magnatec has, correct ?

Yes I believe it does. But marketing for the two products is different.

Garak, you telling me that 5W-30 can slide into 10W-30's place and the engine won't know no better ?

Engines usually don't know much of anything.
wink.gif
Under certain circumstances, yes, others no. At operating temperatures and through a wide swath of ambient temperatures, ILSAC 5w-30 and 10w-30 options are about as interchangeable as you can get. But, there are certain temperatures where a 10w-30 is inadvisable, obviously. Also, a 5w-30 will likely have a tiny, tiny fuel economy benefit.

Our wally world stock 5w30, 10w30, 10w40 blend and 5w20 full syn in magnatec IIRC. I may give it a go in my taco this next oc.
As to the camera thing, I do it all the time. Sometimes to remember "which" product to buy next time, sometimes to compare, sometimes to share. If I EVER get hassled by a store employee, that store manager better take the day off, cause as long as I pay the bill, and don't actually infringe on someone's rights, I'll use it where I want (proper etiquette for sure). I've never heard of that happening.

Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
Originally Posted By: robo339
Has anyone used it yet?

I'm running it in my mom Jeep Liberty. Without getting accused of making blank statements, it's acousticly smooth. Only injectors can be heard.

My start up is quieter in my Frontier than with M5k.

Originally Posted By: tojo1968
$17.88 5/qts at my local WM.

Mine too right now smokin' deal IMO. Even the full syn versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back