Castrol GTX loses sludge superiority appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the BBB should have slapped every member of the Castrol marketing department with a dipstick and then maybe it would sink in that their marketing is lame
09.gif

Castrol clearly isn't thinking with their dipstick because they are too busy whipping people with it in annoying commercials.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Castrol is one of BP's brand names. BP is formerly British Petroleum.

Yes, the same BP that takes deliberate deadly shortcuts with it's refinery safety, and then tries to deflect the blame when the chickens come home to roost.

I'm seeing a pattern...

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels

Yes, the same BP that takes deliberate deadly shortcuts with it's refinery safety, and then tries to deflect the blame when the chickens come home to roost.

I'm seeing a pattern...

Yeah. I heard they done hired that guy what was drivin' the Exxon-Valdez! Get some rope, Slim, and we'll string 'em up!
grin2.gif

I think they should use my friend as a poster boy for sludge protection. Let him use the oil ( actually you would have to change it for him since he doesn't actually ever CHANGE the oil) and then follow the results.

Trust me, if the engine stays alive, its great oil!

maybe then they could name the test after him.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Castrol clearly isn't thinking with their dipstick because they are too busy whipping people with it in annoying commercials.
LOL.gif

LOL.gif

I thought it stood for Broken Pump. I mean, you ever been to their gas stations? Take three tries to find one that works right.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: buster
Castrol please read this: Your marketing is LAME.

It is so flippin lame that I can't even take their product seriously. Engines are expensive, and though the oil may be alright, I feel like I'm putting in some cartoon-disney-oil for children.

Might as well say Fischer Price on the bottle.

I switched to Valvoline when I saw ads (and actual useful product data) aimed at serious minded car owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back