Castrol GTX HM formulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadian tire have this oil on sale now.
I want to use this oil (5w30) in my GM 3.1/3.4 engines, one is 60000 miles the other 45000 miles.

Both are using regu;ar GTX. Is there any advantage to use HM oil in those engine ? Do you know if the formulation of additives is totally different ?

thanks

I tried Castrol 10W40 HM in my wifes Jeep and the UOA was better than any I've had so far.

I'm strongly thinking about switching it to Castrol HM permanently.

Why do you want to use a high mileage oil??

Why not a lower mileage oil??

I doubt this is about penny-pinching your money - since both of your vehicles are relatively & almost brand new.

quote:

Originally posted by Triple_Se7en:
Why do you want to use a high mileage oil??

Why not a lower mileage oil??

I doubt this is about penny-pinching your money - since both of your vehicles are relatively & almost brand new.

I think that GTX HM oil might stays in grade a little more, the regular Castrol seems to thin out to a W20 in many analysis. at 100c the HM is 12 and the regular GTX is 10.2 I guess , so....this is why and I had nothing better to do today
wink.gif

I was wondering the same thing as Baveux, basically because its on for so cheap.

My wifes' 2002 Protege5 has 105,000km (63,000 miles?) on it, and although it just had an oil change, I was thinking of buying a few jugs of this and storing it until needed in 5000km from now.

The engine currently burns NO oil between changes and sees about 90% city driving, nothing too harsh, though, as my wife is a fairly relaxed driver (not jack-rabbit starting from every light thats for sure).

Recommend to get the GTX HM for next few oil changes?

I bought the last 7 jugs at the local CTC tonight. At 10 bucks a jug, you can't beat it.

Buy it and use it. If you don't, the alternative is you'll probably buy a lesser oil at a higher price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back