Castrol GTX 5w-30 HIgh mileage (Enviro-box)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week ago I came across this ad on Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Castrol-High-Mileage-5w30-Box-Bulk/125965303

Thought it was a reasonable price and bought one for less than 5 bucks. I thought I was buying a 6 1qt bottles - from the picture, enough for one oil change.
When I got the shipment I was in for a surprise - it was 24 qts in a bag - what I guess they call a enviro-bag. Now I have enough for close to 5 OCI. Box says - part synthetic 5w-30 High Mileage API SN Energy conserving.
Now when I check online that similar box sells for over 100. Now I am concerned, did I get the real oil - anything else I should check. Box was sealed and looked fairly new and bag inside is intact.
I suppose it is good quality oil to use in a 04 Camry with 155k miles. Right?

You lucked out. That's several oil changes with semi-synthetic high mileage Castrol for $6. Somebody probably got fired for misprint but hey , you win some and you lose some.

Keep it stored in a cool dark place and enjoy multiple years of almost free oil.

Yea that is not supposed to be online listed. Someone checked the wrong box to make it public. Only internal systems are supposed to be able to order that and its for the lube shops at walmart to use.
Good order and you got a great deal.

Originally Posted By: jayg
Somebody probably got fired for misprint ...

Exactly what I was thinking!

For you, Fate smiles on the fortunate....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back