Castrol GTX $18.50!!! I mean..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from Walmart and regular ole conventional Castrol GTX is 18.50/jug. Are the other brands going to follow suit? I can't believe this stuff is not a syn-blend at the very least, no?

Castrol GTX is overpriced for a long times, for $1 more you can get Quaker State synthetic, or you can get Mobil Super for $4-5 less, or wait for a while you may get some synthetic on sale with rebate for less than $2/qt

Last edited:
LOL you guys should visit Canada one of these days. Oil, and just about everything else will seem cheap to you forever after. But yes it is one of the most expensive conventional oils here too.

I am dating a girl in Canada and picked up 2 jugs of GTX for 10.88 a jug at Walmart over there. 4.4 litres which is just under 5 quart jugs. Might pick up a couple more this weekend.

Originally Posted By: pidster
LOL you guys should visit Canada one of these days. Oil, and just about everything else will seem cheap to you forever after. But yes it is one of the most expensive conventional oils here too.

Had they been in Canada for THIS DEAL last month they would have thought they died and gone to oil Heaven.

Until the oil does not sell then they will be going down. That is how it works. So buy it and say thank you for raising the price. The reason it is up, or reasons Oil Spill, John Force, and most important they have increased the amount of sodium. What a joke this oil co. is!!!!
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Well, prices will be going up..

Originally Posted By: Mark72
Just got back from Walmart and regular ole conventional Castrol GTX is 18.50/jug. Are the other brands going to follow suit? I can't believe this stuff is not a syn-blend at the very least, no?

I just got back from WM too, noticed that PYB 5 quart jug is now over 15 bucks. unbelievable!

I keep going in hoping to find the ever so elusive Mobil Super Synthetic in quarts and 5 quart jugs.

It aint just oil thats going up.....been to the grocery store lately......called inflation and ya aint seen nothing yet

Originally Posted By: kemo
I just got back from WM too, noticed that PYB 5 quart jug is now over 15 bucks. unbelievable!

A couple weeks ago I had to purchase some PYB for an oil change on my RX8. It was $17.50 for the 5 quart jug back then.

2 days ago, I bought another jug of the exact same stuff to keep as top off during my oil change interval (about a quart every 900 miles), and it was $16.50 this time around.

So its a buck better right now.

BC.

Boy, do I feel lucky that I got seven 5L jugs of PYB at $11 in Canada
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Mark72

That would be a fantastic price at my Walmart...

I think I can get Rotella T for almost that good a price if I wait for a sale and buy it in 5gal pails.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back