Castrol Edge Syntec 0W-20 Black Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this oil feel compared to other 0w20's that you've run in your Element?

It's currently on ROLLBACK in the 5 qt. jug at WM for $21.66.

Originally Posted By: pbm
How does this oil feel compared to other 0w20's that you've run in your Element?

We love our Honda Element because it's so functional. I think our 150 pound Great Dane loves it even more than we do because he's never before been in a vehicle where he can stand upright.

That said, the motor has a tractor like sound to it. I've tried several oils since we first bought the vehicle (new); 5W20s, 0W-20s, and 0W30s; from expensive Motul X-lite to less expensive Quaker State UD. Nothing changes. The motor still sounds industrial, especially when it's cold.

Scott

Originally Posted By: SLO_Town
Originally Posted By: pbm

We love our Honda Element because it's so functional. I think our 150 pound Great Dane loves it even more than we do because he's never before been in a vehicle where he can stand upright.

That said, the motor has a tractor like sound to it. I've tried several oils since we first bought the vehicle (new); 5W20s, 0W-20s, and 0W30s; from expensive Motul X-lite to less expensive Quaker State UD. Nothing changes. The motor still sounds industrial, especially when it's cold.

Scott

It has piston slap, mine does the same thing. But it should go away when fully warmed up.

Scott- (or anyone else)
DO you happen to have the 40°C cSt number on the edge 0w20?
I noticed on my most recent WM trip that the 0w20 5qt now lists titanium. hope the newest formulation also keeps the moly (noted the 0w30 and 0w40 ACEA A3 versions don't have the moly).
thanks for posting the numbers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back