Castrol Edge Gold SM 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this oil on clearance at Walmart. Tried to find the PDS with no luck. This oil is a extended drain oil, rated 25000 miles. Can anyone help me out here.

You won't find a sensible PDS on it. What's the price? Walmart here was selling it on "clearance" for $13.99 or $14.99 a litre. I guess that's why SM was still on the shelf so long.

Originally Posted By: Garak
You won't find a sensible PDS on it. What's the price? Walmart here was selling it on "clearance" for $13.99 or $14.99 a litre. I guess that's why SM was still on the shelf so long.

On clearance for $7 each, 50% off.

Originally Posted By: richport29

Is that a good price there? I wouldn't buy syn on clearance unless it was $4/quart or less.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

Is that a good price there? I wouldn't buy syn on clearance unless it was $4/quart or less.

Sadly yes

That's reasonable. They should have done that two years ago, rather than waited this long.

901Memphis: At my store here, they had them marked as clearance on the price I quoted. They sat there a long time.

So why don't you link a 5W-30 that does instead of referencing one that that is close but still not 200? Hint: Don't waste your time.

5w30s dont have that high a VI

Sustina's 5W-30 has a vi of 194, it is possible.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
So why don't you link a 5W-30 that does instead of referencing one that that is close but still not 200? Hint: Don't waste your time.

5w30s dont have that high a VI

Sustina's 5W-30 has a vi of 194, it is possible.

194 is close enough for me
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back