Castrol Edge EP vs M1 EP vs Valvoline ME

It's not an application. It's a question. People have certain oils they tend to favor and these tend to be the current favorites. I'm simply asking why that particular oil appeals to them. You can add PUP into that question too but it appears to have lost ground as of late primarily because of ease of purchase I'm guessing.

All things being relatively equal I usually end up buying Mobil 1 products due to the fact that they almost always have a rebate or special promotion going on that makes it worth my while to purchase their oil.

Over the past year Valvoline has offered fewer promotions but I have purchased an abundance of their products due to limited time low pricing at retailers like Walmart. Recently I purchased 5 quart jugs of Valvoline Synthetic Maxlife for $10.88, earlier this year I purchased the same oil for $3.25 per quart and ordered several.

Castrol rarely has any meaningful promotions or retailer pricing that undercuts the competition, so for the most part I am not interested.

All things being relatively equal I usually end up buying Mobil 1 products due to the fact that they almost always have a rebate or special promotion going on that makes it worth my while to purchase their oil.

Over the past year Valvoline has offered fewer promotions but I have purchased an abundance of their products due to limited time low pricing at retailers like Walmart. Recently I purchased 5 quart jugs of Valvoline Synthetic Maxlife for $10.88, earlier this year I purchased the same oil for $3.25 per quart and ordered several.

Castrol rarely has any meaningful promotions or retailer pricing that undercuts the competition, so for the most part I am not interested.

Last Castrol EP I bought at WM was on store close out $17 for a 5 quart Jug.

Last edited:
I've had better luck with Valvoline over Mobil1, but I've only ever driven worn out, second-hand economy cars. If I had a brand new car, then I would run Mobil1 from day 1. No experience with Castrol, and no desire to fill up at a BP station or pay for Castrol since the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
I have similar feelings towards EXMO since the Valdez spill in Prince William Sound back in 1989. 😛

So you have been harboring feelings against an oil spill for 31 years??

so how does that answer the OP’s question about which oil you prefer and why?
The joke was obviously lost on you as it was a reply to Charlie 2015’s comment. Or is replying to other posts prohibited? Which if that is the case, why are you only commenting on my post and not the op’s? 🤔

Back