Castrol Edge @ $8.29 a Quart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: My442
Does anyone buy that stuff? Seems like a ton of money for a quart of oil.

I'm running it in my M3 as a curiosity. Only 1600 miles on it right now. Will post a UOA when I get to 4k or so. It is expensive, and we will see shortly if it is worth it or not.

Hi,
Mv442 - Castrol's Edge range is quite diverse. Essentially you pay for what you get within the Edge range. What version are you refering to?

As for defining how Motul 300V is "vastly superior"..........??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
... ... ...

As for defining how Motul 300V is "vastly superior"..........??
Why would it not be? You have Fuchs silkolene and Motul 300V at the top shelf, locked cabinet - then you have your Designer oils ... Ooohhh, makes me want to break into another DeChamps Moulin a Vent Bourgogne Rouge - naughty naughty!

Last edited:
Using it right now in 2 vehicles.

Even though I didn't pay $8.29 a qt. Beer still costs too much but I still buy it!!

6.79 at wal mart...i saw some M1 for 14.69$ a quart at a vermont truck stop...i guess you can use the oil to lube your rear after paying that price

I might try Edge, but only if it is quite a bit cheaper. But then Syntec would have to be cheaper, then I might just buy that instead....

I suppose I will still need to see UOA's that prove it is superior to the Walmart Syn I am using at $3.40/quart. I'm kidding of course but in my subaru I wonder if it could do better:
Subaru2.jpg

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
ARCOgraphite - Please define "vastly superior"! Top shelf, locked cabinet? Really??

To what, why and etc.....................

No. You know by now. To each Man his own beverage of choice ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back