Castrol Edge 5W/30, 8073 mi, 07 Murano, VQ35DE V-6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner
I have a 2006 Murano with about 85,000 miles on it. I have used M1 but just switched to PP. I use WIX or NAPA GOLD oil filters and change oil at 7500 miles. It doesn't use any oil between changes.

No use pushing OCI in these engines, hard on oil, small oil sump and small oil filter. I just use the dash 7500 mile reminder and change oil then. Besides, I use a 7500 mile limit for all my synthetic oil feed engines. Oil is cheap compared to engines !

I wholeheartedly agree with your OCI process. I'm the original owner of my 07 Murano and have used PP since I dumped the factory fill around 3K. Each oil change had a Blackstone OA and posted here on BITOG. I settled on a 7-7.5K mile OCI with PP.
I appreciate all the comments and quite frankly I'm not that impressed with the Edge and will return to PP after the current cycle with Edge in the sump.

Originally Posted By: Carzzz
Nice wear, but TBN is very low with 0.5 qrt of make-up oil
How fast do go on highway? or highway to city ratio?
Nissan recommends change at 7500 miles/ 6 months for non-severe driving conditions.
I would say 7500 miles max for castrol edge!

10 minutes after I leave my home I'm entering an interstate to get wherever I'm going. Local interstate speed is around 65MPH. On long distance interstate trips I set the cruise at 75MPH. I will have this vehicle 4 years next month and I just returned from a long distance trip surpassing 90K on the clock.

Looks good. Same/Same on the 2 oils. I'd run M1 EP for 7500 mile ocis and no uoa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back