CASTROL DEXRON®–VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im upgrading fluid in my S-10 pick up from Dex III to VI will I notice much diffrence and did I pick a good fluid (castrol) I got the syn blend cus somtimes it hesitates going into fourth im hoping it will help

I find going to dex VI in my 98 S10 ZR2, that the shifts got a bit harder... don't know why. Only sometimes, the rest of the time, as unperceptible as ever.

Im running pennzoil Dex VI, and a deeper pan.

Originally Posted By: crazycrak
mines a 98 LS 2wd 4cly changing to a diffrent (tci) pan also with a chapion filter kit

That is what I have!

Originally Posted By: TheThickster
been using valvoline dexron 6 with no problems on my 04 cavalier. the shifts feel the same even though dex 6 is lower viscosity.

Hmmm...

Quote:
been using valvoline dexron 6 with no problems on my 04 cavalier. the shifts feel the same even though dex 6 is lower viscosity.

In theory this is the case, and always will be.

Judging though, nearly new Dex III vs new Dex VI, I find that some shifts are harder.

I'd be hesitant to say that it is typical, common, etc., but whereas with Dex III the shifts were more or less always not perceptible, now I can tell under some conditions.

Could be a lot of things though...

I havent seen valvoline Dex VI anyplace!

I switched to GM Vehicle Care Dex VI in my wagon with a 4L60E and did not notice anything. I'm not sure what fluid was in there before other than one 4 qt pan/filter drop that I used Mobil 1 Dex III (back in '06). The car was new to me at the time.

I have owned my '01 Grand Prix with the 4T65E trans. in it since new and have done Mobil 1 Dex III pan drops at 30k and 60k where I get about 7.5 qts out. I then did a complete flush at 90k with GM Vehicle Care Dex VI and did not notice any changes that time either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back