Castrol advertising...really bugs me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about all of you, but that clown that runs around whipping people with a dipstick really annoys me. If that retard tried to hit me, I would flatten him out with one punch! No doubt!

It is an absolutely idiotic ad. Conveys NOTHING about the oil, and its long-drain abilities at all.

In fact, its so 'frantic' its hard to tell its an oil add at all!

Sad waste of an opportunity to convey the abilities of this oil.

Originally Posted By: heavyhitter
I love the add......Jimmy.

If I got a hold of "Jimmy", he would be sweeping his teeth up with a broom! What a retard!

Like most advertising today it is stupid. They must hire kids fresh out of college to write these things. Where is the substance, the facts. Everything now is fancy graphic work and attempts at comedy.

I really miss the "manly" ads of the '70s. That was the golden age of automotive advertisements.

"Seven, around two, wrapped by one."

"Do you want your engine to last long, or do you want your car to smell like a tree?"

What other great tag lines can you come up with?

"Quaker State your car to keep it running young"

"put a Tiger in your tank"

"Where's the Beef"

Pure oil now, Pure oil later. Purolator
Fram thieved the cadence.. Pay me now, or pay me later.
Sound your "Z" PennZoil
And my favorite.. "If you can find a better car, buy it." Iacocca brought Chrysler back from the brink of extinction with an honest approach, and paid every penny back to the US Government. Now his pension is gone, and they came and took his cars away from him. If you haven't read his book, "Where Have all the Leaders Gone?" you should.

"The only way to catch one is at your Plymouth dealer." (Roadrunner commercial)

"You might be Dodge material."
"Now look boy, I know a race car when I see one!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1WICosbX8k)

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Pure oil now, Pure oil later. Purolator
Fram thieved the cadence.. Pay me now, or pay me later.
Sound your "Z" PennZoil
And my favorite.. "If you can find a better car, buy it." Iacocca brought Chrysler back from the brink of extinction with an honest approach, and paid every penny back to the US Government. Now his pension is gone, and they came and took his cars away from him. If you haven't read his book, "Where Have all the Leaders Gone?" you should.

At the end of Iacocca's tenure at Chrysler, I thought he was making a bunch of mistakes. He hung on to the tired old K-car derivatives way too long, rushed the electronic transaxle in to production before it was debugged and a few other things. But that was a small price to pay, in hindsight. Eaton completely destroyed the company and then sold it up the river :-(

With regard to the more expensive syn oils, you'd think the moronic sales managers might stumble upon the idea of selling high end oil to a slightly higher-end market. Instead, we get the same tired carp: Beavis and Butthead style 'dipstick' jokes, fire, roaring engines, slutty models, burning rubber, etc - all set to a speed-metal soundtrack. Anyone with an IQ greater than a rutabega can't help but feel slightly insulted.

Originally Posted By: Geonerd
With regard to the more expensive syn oils, you'd think the moronic sales managers might stumble upon the idea of selling high end oil to a slightly higher-end market. Instead, we get the same tired carp: Beavis and Butthead style 'dipstick' jokes, fire, roaring engines, slutty models, burning rubber, etc - all set to a speed-metal soundtrack. Anyone with an IQ greater than a rutabega can't help but feel slightly insulted.

Actually, I think "think with your dipstick" is clever. But if I'm supposed to think, the ad campaign should make me think, give facts, etc. "Think with my dipstick" doesn't make sense if all I see is stupidity.

John

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
I don't know about all of you, but that clown that runs around whipping people with a dipstick really annoys me. If that retard tried to hit me, I would flatten him out with one punch! No doubt!

Been discussed here many times, and made fun of. Not a lot of people here are fond of him.
thumbsup2.gif

I would react the same way as you, and take him out... Lil $#!@#!$#@!@#!@$!#!#@$!@$
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: GMFan
Valvoline seems to have the most "manly" oil commercials.
Sounds like it's in the Ghetto!

100 Years under the hood!
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back