Castrol 0w40 price corrected…you are welcome 👍

Earlier in this topic I found out that the $67 price for castrol 0w40 jugs were probably a price error in this thread I started:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...castrol-edge-0w-40.357572/page-2#post-6193695

I contacted Castrol and apparently they have gotten Walmart to correct their error. It is now down to about $28. I wonder how much money Castrol lost because of this. Hoping they would send a few jugs as appreciation for alerting them to this. Yet to hear a reply🙁🤷‍♂️.
If they do I will let you know. 😁

Here was their reply from my original email:

Thank you for contacting Castrol North America.

The price in question for Castrol EDGE Euro Car 0W-40 A3/B4 on Walmart.com is not correct so we will reach out to Wal-Mart about the observation to have it corrected.

The Walmart.com system uses auto pricing to match the lowest market price in most cases. However, their system is not perfect so when errors like this are found, we ask them (Wal-Mart) to help fix it as soon as possible.

We appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention!

Thank you again for contacting Castrol. We value your patronage!

Sincerely,

Castrol Consumer Relations
1-800-462-0835
Hours of Operation:
Mon – Fri: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET

Castrol-logo-for-sig-rev (002)

I wonder how much money Castrol lost because of this.
Few to none.... I linked to the Brickseek website that showed the in-store price was normal, under $30 though I don't recall specifics. Pretty sure the bulk of their engine oil sales will be in stores, not through walmart.com.

Interesting that they refer to that price-matching system or that they're even aware of it. Wasn't sure if it was Walmart that was matching Amazon's price or vis-versa. Their prices were almost always identical, down to the penny, so there was no way it was a coincidence.

Earlier in this topic I found out that the $67 price for castrol 0w40 jugs were probably a price error in this thread I started:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...castrol-edge-0w-40.357572/page-2#post-6193695

I contacted Castrol and apparently they have gotten Walmart to correct their error. It is now down to about $28. I wonder how much money Castrol lost because of this. Hoping they would send a few jugs as appreciation for alerting them to this. Yet to hear a reply🙁🤷‍♂️.
If they do I will let you know. 😁

Here was their reply from my original email:

Thank you for contacting Castrol North America.

The price in question for Castrol EDGE Euro Car 0W-40 A3/B4 on Walmart.com is not correct so we will reach out to Wal-Mart about the observation to have it corrected.

The Walmart.com system uses auto pricing to match the lowest market price in most cases. However, their system is not perfect so when errors like this are found, we ask them (Wal-Mart) to help fix it as soon as possible.

We appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention!

Thank you again for contacting Castrol. We value your patronage!

Sincerely,

Castrol Consumer Relations
1-800-462-0835
Hours of Operation:
Mon – Fri: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET

View attachment 112217
I also checked the price yesterday or the day before that, and found it was corrected, too. :)

Good oil. I use it down the road in Palmer as well.