Castrol 0W30 (Made in USA)--meets ACEA A3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Curtis Newton:
ACEA SPECIFICATIONS FOR GASOLINE ENGINES:
A1: Low friction/low viscosity, fuel economy
A2: Standard performance level
A3: High performance &/or extended drain

What about using an A5 rated oil? It seems to have the same "high performance/extended drain" requirement, as well as adding the fuel efficiency requirement. Am I missing something?

Bob W.

A5 has a viscosity at high temperature & high shear (HTHS) rate min of 2.9-3.5

A3 has a HTHS min of 3.5 and up.

anyone spot any of the "new" us made stuff yet? id like to know whether it "looks & feels" like the good old gc or if its something totally different
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by like a rock:
Why all the fuss? Gtx is doing a great job for me in the vehicle I have. There seems to be something a little special about this oil also.
tongue.gif
It smells like All detergent
cool.gif
So who need SLX when you got GTX. Sorry guys just having some fun
cheers.gif

Heretic! You will surely bob in boiling oil forever in the extra hot corner of he!! reserved for GLX non-believers. That oil, by the way, will be a good quality synthetic, with extra-high flash and boiling points so as to ensure maximum eternal agony. . .
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:

quote:

Originally posted by like a rock:
Why all the fuss? Gtx is doing a great job for me in the vehicle I have. There seems to be something a little special about this oil also.
tongue.gif
It smells like All detergent
cool.gif
So who need SLX when you got GTX. Sorry guys just having some fun
cheers.gif

Heretic! You will surely bob in boiling oil forever in the extra hot corner of he!! reserved for GLX non-believers. That oil, by the way, will be a good quality synthetic, with extra-high flash and boiling points so as to ensure maximum eternal agony. . .
wink.gif

ek...ek....ek...,

Users of the Elixer of Peaceful Coexistence should never be so harsh...no matter how far down another path one may be walking.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back