Castro syntec casing more engine noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it occurred to me that the car didn't have a tick of any kind until I changed the oil. My rental which was a 2013 focus mines a 2014 didn't have this noise either. I don't think it's injectors it sounds like valve train noise. I realize the oil causing the noise isn't a harm it's just how some oils are. However has anyone experienced this with syntec? And would you change it early because of the annoyance or leave it?

No difference, but i used/use EDGE formerly syntec. Both 5w20 and 0w40.

Last edited:
Are you sure you're not hearing things? Especially when you've just been in another car, it's easy to be sensitized to things you've sorta zoned out on as normal.

I'd change the oil and the filter...it's probably the filter, if anything... you're clearly bothered by this, and see what happens. And, I'm not one who believes that 'Ticking' is either normal or not harmful until I've investigated further.

Originally Posted By: Noey
I'd change the oil and the filter

Rule of thumb: only change one variable at a time. Otherwise, you will never know which one of the two was the culprit.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Noey
I'd change the oil and the filter

Rule of thumb: only change one variable at a time. Otherwise, you will never know which one of the two was the culprit.

+1 (if any)

Impossible! It isn't Mobil 1!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back