Casters for New 2 Ton Engine Hoist not Same Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found something strange with the new hoist I'm setting up. On the very longest legs there are large casters pre-assembled on those legs in the box. Then in the box came 4 casters. 2 That are large (same size as the front probably) and 2 that are pretty small. After I assembled it, those small ones that I installed are dangling in the air....in the middle position near the main upright post (mast).

Manual shows all the parts and says 4 casters but doesn't say anything about size or how to install them, so I assume they should be the same size...the way they have all the bolt sizes and all - the casters are lumped together saying "4". I've noticed a few errors in this owners manual already.

Should I go back to the vendor and ask them to supply me with 2 more large ones so I'll have 6 total the same size? Or are the small ones there for a reason. I would think 6 equal size would be more stable no?

I found this online but it's not the same model hoist.

http://autorepair.about.com/od/tools...st_asbly_3.htm

This write up says to install the small casters at the very back.

Does it set level as is? There should be less weight on the back casters. If you put the smaller ones on the back would it set level with all 6 on th efloor?

Is it like one of those Chinese "input roll wheels to when holes line bottom. Then make with level floor hoist if small wheels attach nuts..."?

You'd think a fella could start a business writing English-as-a-first-language manuals for these people.

The small casters are for moving it around unloaded. At least the old one I had weas like that. When it was folded up you wheeled it around like a hand cart.

Called the customer service department - and they said that the small casters are supposed to be installed in the middle, and that they should be off the ground when the crane is setup.

He says they are just for rolling around like Punisher said, when you store it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back