Casite filters available

Status
Not open for further replies.

twouvakind

Site Donor 2024
I have an Auto Pride store that I deal with and I can get Casite oil filters. I could buy and ship for you if you like. No mark up, regular retail. I'll provide the shipping envelope, you provide actual shipping via USPS. All my shipping fee's/charges appear on my shipping labels.

I thought they were Baldwin's bottom line, below Hastings. Somebody dig up the ''Who makes what'' thread.

What do you cross from an AC 1177 to and how much?

I'll get the filter but am not going to cross reference for you. Please provide a Casite number.

Isn't Casite the bottom of the barrel from Champion Labs? From the same folks that bring you "Service Champ" and "Mighty" that you'll find in all the zippy lubes? I think they also make Autozone's Valucraft filters too. Probably not quite as bad as Fram, but I think I'd spend an extra dollar or two and get a Purolator or Napa/Wix filter instead.

Best,

Originally Posted By: Familyguy
Isn't Casite the bottom of the barrel from Champion Labs? From the same folks that bring you "Service Champ" and "Mighty" that you'll find in all the zippy lubes? I think they also make Autozone's Valucraft filters too. Probably not quite as bad as Fram, but I think I'd spend an extra dollar or two and get a Purolator (edit: whoops...looks like Champion makes these too) or Napa/Wix filter instead.

Best,

labman,

I found several weak internet links that claim Pronto is a rebadged Hastings product. Pronto is some type of aftermarket auto parts marketing conglomerate.

Here is one of those "weak links": post # 8

http://www.ptenthusiasts.org/forum/t15425/

A call to Hastings would end your doubt.

Best Regards

Thanks. The local Pronto jobber also stocks Hastings.

In my filter chopping, I felt Hastings fell in the middle along with some other brands.

A couple of years ago I contacted a Baldwin engineer. He told me that Baldwin and Hastings are identical and Casite is a lower cost/quality filter. Baldwin are mainly marketed to the industrial market and Hastings mainly to the automotive market. Casite is for the price-conscious auto market like quick lube places.

I'll stick to Pure One and Mobil 1 filters. If I want something cheap AAP has their label filters, or I'll just grab a Purolator White filter.

AD

Originally Posted By: Ken2
A couple of years ago I contacted a Baldwin engineer. He told me that Baldwin and Hastings are identical and Casite is a lower cost/quality filter. Baldwin are mainly marketed to the industrial market and Hastings mainly to the automotive market. Casite is for the price-conscious auto market like quick lube places.

Correct.
Casite is Baldwin's budget brand.
About the same in quality as Pennsoil and perhaps a bit better than wallies supertech. (??)
I used Casite for years with good results.
Nothing to fear from a good filter at an excellent price.

Is somebody other than Fram making Pennzoil now? I found the older Hastings and ST about the same inside and noticed no difference on my truck. Of course, I never noticed any problems with Fram until I cut one open.

I really think I may take a look at Pronto next oil change.

We sold Casite filters many years ago when I worked in an auto parts store. They were OK filters, nothing to write home about. I'd use a cheap Purolator Filter if it was cost savings I was after, another option would be an AAP filter. I bought several AAP filters for $1.45 a while back. Otherwise Pure One or a Mobil 1 filter for something a lot better.

Originally Posted By: labman
Is somebody other than Fram making Pennzoil now? I found the older Hastings and ST about the same inside and noticed no difference on my truck. Of course, I never noticed any problems with Fram until I cut one open.

I really think I may take a look at Pronto next oil change.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Purolator is making Pennzoil filters now. In fact, if you go to Pennzoil.com, their filter look-up redirects you to Purolator's site: http://www.pureoil.com/pennzoilfilter/default_new.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back