Cash for Clunkers at work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally. This is a tech at a dealer blowing up a perfectly good Dodge Ram.

This program is so idiotic it's mind boggling. Give people an incentive to trash their perfectly good, PAID FOR cars, turn them into scrap, sell it to China, and squelch demand in the future for things people really actually need.
06.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5HP0DAIAsY

Originally Posted By: mstrjon32
Unbelievable waste. This country is headed for [censored].

Some would say we're already there.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!

OH MY GOD! As part of the program, THEY HAVE to do this to the engines!
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

You can't make this [censored] up. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder what this is doing for CO2 emissions and global warming.

It's sad, really sad.

Grandad had a 318 in his truck for his fruit and vege shop...did everything that he could to extend the life of the truck, engine, and drivetrain, as he lived through the depression and knew that "conservation" was a safer path than consumption.

horrific waste is now encouraged (and will be mandated if Oz car industry gets it's way)

Guys, this program is NOT intended to help the environment. It never was. It is intended to help the automakers and stimulate the economy by getting people to buy new cars. And it's been doing a terrific job of that. The government just lists getting gas guzzlers off the road as one of the many "benefits" of the program.
smirk2.gif
Do I agree with the program? He** no, I find it very wasteful and a stupid waste of my tax money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back