Carwow compares i4 M50 vs Model 3 Performance

RSEV did a good comparison - plus they also included the Taycan.

The BMW is the least efficient and charges the slowest.

The 800 Volt Taycan architectures adds little to nothing beyond the 400V model 3.

The BMW is the least efficient and charges the slowest.

The 800 Volt Taycan architectures adds little to nothing beyond the 400V model 3.
In that specific test. He noted that the Taycan usually charges much faster for him, which I think is worth mentioning.

However, the Taycan's charge performance was impressive. Reminds me of the e-tron (do they use the same battery?) which has an extremely flat charge curve.

In that specific test. He noted that the Taycan usually charges much faster for him, which I think is worth mentioning.

However, the Taycan's charge performance was impressive. Reminds me of the e-tron (do they use the same battery?) which has an extremely flat charge curve.

The taycan charges great - when its warm.

It's not so great in the cold and thats the issue in that test.

Yup, exactly, I thought that was interesting. Not important for you folks in California, but would be up here in the GWN.

We have our moments here in the mountains.

IMG_2393.jpeg

Of course I know all about charging a Tesla at home and the extensive network.
At home, if you can accomodate a 240V connection, you are in good shape.

For the Taycan and Beemer, one would imagine the same is true for home charging.
On the road, how do you charge? What about prices?

I wonder why he didn’t preheat the Porsche battery? Easy enough to do. In fact he biased the test against the two German cars by allowing all three cars to cool down, then allowing the Tesla to reheat, but not the other 2. I know on the Porsche all you have to do is put the charging station as your destination and it will heat the battery automatically, just like he did for the Tesla.

Of course I know all about charging a Tesla at home and the extensive network.
At home, if you can accomodate a 240V connection, you are in good shape.

For the Taycan and Beemer, one would imagine the same is true for home charging.
On the road, how do you charge? What about prices?
They just take standard chargers, so EA or any of the other networks are just plug and play. Not as well located as the Supercharger stations for the most part, but there are lots of them.

Yes, the Taycan/e-Tron/M50/X50...etc charging at home can use the 230V dryer plug, that's what i had installed for the e-tron, which came with a wall mountable charger that worked with both that, and 115v.

This video was painful to watch for more than one reason. How can you trust a reviewer when he cannot even pronounce what he is reviewing? He can’t be bothered to learn how to say Porsche?

This video was painful to watch for more than one reason. How can you trust a reviewer when he cannot even pronounce what he is reviewing? He can’t be bothered to learn how to say Porsche?

Good point. He pronounced "Tesla" wrong as well. It is "Tez-la", not "Tes-la".
I guess the BMW wins this one.

Back