Carvana experience

Sold my ex-rental 2018 Pathfinder SL with 40K to Carvana for 22,474. Sale was done on line and they sent someone to my house to pick up the vehicle and direct deposited the payment directly to my bank account. Much easier than dealing with a new car dealer. They have posted it on line for 23,990, a 1,516 mark up. Most full service dealers would have to make a bigger profit than that to stay in business. I was overall very happy with the experience.

Dang, I'm surprised by their list price. Maybe they rely on volume? Glad your experience was good, I like their company model. Recently sold my Ram and only didn't use them as a local dealer offered $1,500 more. However, of all of the online car places, their price was the best.

If they choose to operate this way with the risk of running themselves into bankruptcy, that is their choice. Doesn't make them bad people. Bad business yes, if that does ultimately happen.

Just like all the "ride sharing" companies......

Sold your Ram or traded it? Were you happy with the price?

I'd like to see that Carvana vending machine in Tempe.

Sold outright, and very happy with the price. Autonation bought it for $1500 more than we paid a year ago. We then bought a much cheaper(paid for) truck.

^ Must be to get some market traction, but remember they aren't making money yet. On the other hand, lots of people make a profit flipping vehicles for $1500 if all it needs is detailed or quick/easy repairs, but with economy of scale, you can keep your detailer slave busy all day long for peanuts.

Carvana is a loss leader attempting to grow. They bought a relatives Highlander for a high price, it didn't resell for months, they sold it for less than was originally paid. They were happy to make money on the car instead of returning the lease but Carvana ate it in the end. I have no idea why their stock is $203. Prime target for a short sell imo.

I would never use Carvana why would anyone buy or sell a car over the internet other than Craigslist or eBay where you can actually look at it always on Craigslist and occasionally on eBay. I would want to look at it in person and test drive it and everything before buying it or selling it and check everything under the hood. Just my thoughts.

I would never use Carvana why would anyone buy or sell a car over the internet other than Craigslist or eBay where you can actually look at it always on Craigslist and occasionally on eBay. I would want to look at it in person and test drive it and everything before buying it or selling it and check everything under the hood. Just my thoughts.
They offer a 7 day return period where you can swap it out for another vehicle up to 3 times or get a full refund.

my brother sold them his Challenger a few weeks ago they picked it up on Sept 3, finally showed up today (that i could find)
they paid him $27k, listed for $32,990 ( which, incidentally is only $1000 less than he paid originally for the car)

Last edited:
Dealer service departments love them because they tend to not be the best at their safety inspections. Then problems usually come up right away and they pay anything to have it fixed.

Back