Cartridge Style Oil Filters Center Core Query

For my Wrangler JLU I’ve purchased Mopar oil filter MO-349 (6819 1349 AC) the center core does not spin. I’ve also purchased the Fram Ultra Synthetic media filter (XG11665) which has a center core that does spin.
So is one better than the other or what’s the advantage of one that spins or not?
I’ve also noticed the pleats on the fram (and I’m speaking about a unused filter) appear more straight an some what thicker than the Mopar. From what I’ve read on this site I think both are good filters however It’s good to hear other points of view

Both are very good to me. I have a 2021 Jeep Gladiator and 2019 Dodge Charger SXT, both 3.6's. I use the Mopar MO-349's in wife's Charger because she short trips it and I change more often. Jeep is going to go 2 OCI's on the FRAM.

Both are very good to me. I have a 2021 Jeep Gladiator and 2019 Dodge Charger SXT, both 3.6's. I use the Mopar MO-349's in wife's Charger because she short trips it and I change more often. Jeep is going to go 2 OCI's on the FRAM.
Yah I like them both I was also trying to figure out the thought behind fram’s center core that spins

No idea on that. Inside core clips onto the oil cap center piece. As cap tightens down, spring puts pressure on filter keeps it from spinning to me. The Mobil1 oil filter core spins too.

Twisting center core was to alleviate the media from twisting up when installing. I am surprised the AC rev of the MOPAR filter does not twist. I have had some that were a little stiff but they always still moved.

Back