Carson Hocevar Cup Debut

Carson Hocevar will make his first Nascar Cup start this weekend in the #7 Spire Motorsports Chevy as Corey LaJoie will fill in for the suspended Chase Elliot in the #9, can't wait as Carson is an exceptional talent! His first time in a super late model stock car Carson was only 11 years old and drove it like a pro, who else has done that?

I super pumped for Carson. Bummed at the circumstance that it happened. However what an opportunity for both Carson and LaJoie!!

We will be at the Sonoma races next weekend, I am excited to say the least.

LaJoie has impressed me this year, there is a lot more there than I have givin him credit for in the past, I liked his dad Randy but never cheered him on because he was a threat to Johnny Benson's success when they ran the Busch series!

Carson had a great Cup practice and qualifying effort he was calm and is developing into a professional and skilled driver, Carson seems to handle pressure well and sponsers like him while most Truck drivers leave the track after the race Carson is oftion asked to stay there on Sundays to mingle, I believe Spire Motorsports and Trackhouse Racing will be competing for his services going forward but let's not get to far ahead, lets hope for a good run today which is first of all being on track at the checkered flag and hopefully on the lead lap and no incidences that are self inflicted of course you can't control stupid things that other drivers do on track.

Last edited:
Carson was running steady in 17th place when the front brake rotor blew out and he hit the wall, Carson did a great job of keeping the car against the wall and out of traffic! Even though he finished last it was an impressive Cup debut and is not going unnoticed! I get to see him race this Wednesday at Berlin Raceway for a special event, I can't wait!

Really bummed he had the brake rotor issue. He was having a great run.

Have fun at Berlin!! I see the race is on Flo so I will be watching. Going to Sonoma next weekend.

Sonoma is always a great race!
Eric Jones will be there too! Of course he's from Michigan also and started at Berlin before Nascar!

Back