Cars you don't care about

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get a cheap car that I probably don't care about just to abuse it. I want to do this because I want to make a video just abusing the car by using non detergent oil in it, along with just doing stupid stuff and then tearing the engine down to see the Havok I have caused.

I was thinking of an old Nissan Altima or a Saturn car.

List the make, model, and year if possible when you post.

I had a couple of Pontiacs back in the 70's that I abused mightily. We all had them for winter beaters because of their ability to withstand abuse and neglect. The days of the $300 car that actually ran........

We had some pretty intense short track races on the frozen lake in the middle of the night.

Last edited:
I had a couple of Pontiacs back in the 70's that I abused mightily. We all had them for winter beaters because of their ability to withstand abuse and neglect. The days of the $300 car that actually ran........
We had a fair number of $25.00 cars in our family. My dad would buy pre-war cars to use when driving from our house to where he parked his delivery vans that he used in business. It was about a 1.5 mile trip. He didn't like parking the trucks in the neighborhood as they were big and took up a couple of parking spaces. He'd park in a small lot adjacent to a local service station.

My first car, a 1953 Pontiac, cost me $25.00 ans my second car, a 1954 Pontiac convertible, set me back $35.00 ... but it came with an almost full tank of gas.

At least buy something that was made in large numbers and are easily available on the second hand marked. Cars like from `00s like Toyotas. Thing is though, even 80s and 90s trashy cars are dying quite fast, some even reaching kinda classic status even though that car was not that great back in the day. I watch a lot of those "Shooting Cars" channel on Youtube, and many cars that are featured are indeed old 80s/90s cars that somehow survived the death.

Someone local is selling a 2005 Altima, 2.5L/5MT combo, $1250 OBO. Probably could haggle down a few hundred. That'd be my pick for sure, if diapers didn't take so much of my paycheck lol.

I’m not the “what a waste” type but dang. Do what you want with your money by all means. Just keep in mind there people out there who would probably really appreciate and could very much use a car. We adopted a family this Christmas (bought food and presents) and it really felt good to help them out. I wish we were in place to afford to buy them a car as they only had one but needed a second.

Unless you baseline where it is mechanically when you get it with enough of a teardown to document starting condition the effect of your intentional abuse will be hard to prove. Removing valve cover, oil pan, maybe trans pan and intake would be a start. Borescope into the cylinders. Photos and measurements. Or not.

Sounds like you're looking for a YouTube career.

Reactions: D60
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back