Cars that are carrying too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whomever got mine cannot get the two cases of bottled water out of the trunk, lol.

Other than that, I keep no extra weight in my vehicles, and take note of when I have a passenger. They usually weigh approximately 200lbs.

One of my first jobs was working at Lowes and the most entertaining part was watching idiots overload their vehicles.

In the average moron's mind:

1. Minivan is as good as a truck! Its totally legit to put a pallet or two of paver's and a dozen 80 pound bags of concrete in the back of an Odyssey.

2. Trucks are invincible, especially big tough looking ones with no real load capacity. (looking at you Fiat Ram!) My favorite was the new Dodge 1500 that the owner insisted we put two full pallets of wet sod in the bed. I'm guessing the total load was around 4k-5k. But its a big tough looking truck! Get er done!

3. There excuse is always I'm not going far, one time I asked exactly what that meant...half way across the state of CT down I95, about 40 miles...oh that's not far at all.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy

2. Trucks are invincible, especially big tough looking ones with no real load capacity. (looking at you Fiat Ram!) My favorite was the new Dodge 1500 that the owner insisted we put two full pallets of wet sod in the bed. I'm guessing the total load was around 4k-5k. But its a big tough looking truck! Get er done!

Be interesting to see if he made it. Couldn't imagine what that looked like - probably on the bump stops or whatever the Ram has.... Heck, I wasn't too thrilled with a cubic yard of topsoil in the F150 (about 2k according to the landscape place) and I have a hair over 1800lbs payload on mine!

I had 2 pallets of patio blocks in the bed of my F-350...IIRC, not quite 4000lbs. Handled it fine.

That truck regularly was loaded right to the limit of both axle ratings (~1000lbs over GVWR) when I plowed, and it never missed a beat!

We run our fleet trucks at 90% or more of their max GVWR (9700) all the time from new, they NEVER run empty. Just sold one with half a million miles on it.

For a short hop I can see a bit over loaded, but I have also been a witness to a court case where an over loaded truck was in an accident. The liability was extreme, and insurance was no help!

Most, if not all, those photos are taken from third world countries. People over there tried to maximize the carrying load they can to maximize profit(or minimize cost)

Any vehicle carrying my fat 380lb nephew is overloaded. Drivers seat blown out as well as left side shocks and springs.
If the porker doesn't put a towel between his fat and the steering wheel that would be worn out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back