CarQuest synthetic 5W20 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the local CQ they have the house brand full synthetic on sale for $3.73 a qt. Was looking to find specs on their oil and found a MSDS sheet from Amalie Oil Co. Same shaped silver bottle as Amalie's Elixir oil. Does anybody know if Amalie now makes CQ's house brand oil?
This is what CQ states about their oil, pretty impressive list.
CARQUEST® Full Synthetic GF-5/SN Motor Oils meet or exceed the requirements of GM 6094M
(SAE 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30) and Ford WSS-M2C945-A (SAE 5W-20) and WSS-M2C946-A (SAE 5W-30),
Chrysler MS-6395 (SAE 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30). Meets Toyota Specifications, and Honda Service Fill
Specifications (SAE 0W-20, SAE 5W-20, SAE 5W-30 and SAE 10W-30). CARQUEST Full Synthetic SAE 5W-30 is a
licensed GM dexos1™ product. GM dexos1™ supersedes GM4718M, and GM6094M. It also exceeds the requirements
of Acura HTO-06 for turbo-charged applications, and ACEA A5-02. CARQUEST Full Synthetic SAE 5W-40 Motor Oil meets
or exceeds the requirements of ACEA A3/B3-08, ACEA A3/B4-08,
BMW LL-01, Mercedes-Benz MB p229.3, p229.5, Porsche A40,
Renault 0710, 0700, Opel GM-LL-B-025, Volkswagen VW 501 01,
VW 502 00, VW 503 01, and VW 505 00.
Meets API Service Category SN/CF.

You Thoughts Please.

I think it is Amalie actually
smile.gif

At less than four bucks a quart with no rebate hassle, that's a decent price for a decent full syn oil. I have a jug of Amalie syn blend waiting for a Honda oil change. Got it for $1.76 a quart after MIR.

I always thought it was rebadged Valvoline with a weaker additive package? And some claim the additive package isn't weaker, because it would actually be more work to make a separate product for Carquest.

I've used it, it tends to burn in my car...I have to top up more than usual with it. And if it's Valvoline it doesn't have much moly or boron in it (mostly a sodium based add package).

Has anyone have has any experience with Amalie Elixr Oil? I have been thinking about using it on my E320 CDI diesel. Years ago when I was in college I used it and then it was budget oil. I was thinking about ordering it. Gets delivered to home ship and tax free.

Some Napa stores had a 2.99 qt on their syn and everyday 5.99 M1. Saw at autozone in Emporia,KS Mobil Super Syn 0w20 clearance at 1.99qt. There was about 20qts.

The CQ oil at AAP & CQ is currently produced by Amalie. Check the bottom of the bottle for AOC stamped in it to confirm. Some stores still may have the some of old CQ oil which was produced by Ashland (Valvoline). I don't recall what is stamped on the bottom of those, but the bottle is shorter in height and the label is different so it's easy to identify if you have the two side by side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back