Carquest Red filter cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was run on a 2004 Subaru Forrester with the plain jane engine for 7,000 miles on bulk dino oil.

carquest2.JPG

carquest1.JPG

Last edited:
Good stuff. Been waiting for a cut open Carquest Red. I have one sitting in front of me...

Any idea how to cross reference the filter number with the car it applies too? I tried searching but could not find anything.

That dino still looks pretty good! That is a small filter but looks to be well made. Nice work.

Ya. Thanks ZZman. Looks kinda lika a Napa Proselect. Maybe the same. Good filter for the money I think.

I believe the Carquest Reds and Napa Silvers are similar and the Carquest Blues and Napa Golds are similar.

Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
Looks like a good filter, re-badged Wix?
What was the cost?

The Carquest Blue is a rebadged Wix like Napa Gold. The Carquest Red is similar to the budget Napa filter and I think they are also made by wix, but they are not of the same quality as the "Wix" filters like the Carquest Blue and Napa Gold are.

Not much which surprised me. But my Toyota filter looks like a toy or lawn mower filter too.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Not much which surprised me. But my Toyota filter looks like a toy or lawn mower filter too.

Ya. the Toyotas--they are funny little filters. I like them though. I mean they seem to work good.
I got a couple Napa Proselect for .99 ea with a coupon and I think they are like this one here. Not as good maybe as the "Gold" but a sound looking filter i think.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
Looks like a good filter, re-badged Wix?

The Carquest Blue is a rebadged Wix like Napa Gold. The Carquest Red is similar to the budget Napa filter and I think they are also made by wix, but they are not of the same quality as the "Wix" filters like the Carquest Blue and Napa Gold are.

Yea, last time I checked the CarQuest filters said 'Made by WIX' right on the box like Napa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back