CARQUEST Premium Oil filter 84341 Cut Open

Just recently did an oil change on a 2014 Fiat 500 Abarth. It ran this Carquest premium oil filter (#84341) with house brand 5W-40 full synthetic oil. These filter was in the car for about ~7,000 miles. Mostly city driving, some highway (70/30). Carquest is apparently owned by Purolator commonly referred to as "tear-o-lator" on this site even thought I've seen nothing but great products from them. But, hey what do I know, right? Any who. Here is some photos of it. Enjoy, Ill be happy to answer any questions I can. It is not my personal car, It is a friend of mine so that will limit my knowledge on the car. Thanks!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I dunno if I've heard of them tearing lately, but their spin-ons could probably be refereed to as burrolator these days because the inlet holes on the tapping plate seem to come with nice burrs that cut into the ADBV

Personally, I've never ran into a problem with them. I've ran them on my personal cars and friends and families with zero problem and wouldn't bat an eye at using them again. Granted the max I do for oil changes is ~7,500 miles so, that maybe why I don't run into problems since they are "rated for 10,000 miles"
Originally Posted by blufeb95
I dunno if I've heard of them tearing lately, but their spin-ons could probably be refereed to as burrolator these days because the inlet holes on the tapping plate seem to come with nice burrs that cut into the ADBV

Originally Posted by TrainingPolicy
Carquest is apparently owned by Purolator ...

Carquest is not owned by Purolator ... Purolator just makes filters for Carquest. Fram has also make oil filters with the Carquest name on them. Purolator (as does Fram, WIX, etc) makes oil filers for all kinds of "off brand" companies.

That is what I meant, I said it wrong. But interesting that about the Fram and Wix part, I have never heard that. How do you know the supplier on the filters, by the part number?
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by TrainingPolicy
Carquest is apparently owned by Purolator ...

Carquest is not owned by Purolator ... Purolator just makes filters for Carquest. Fram has also make oil filters with the Carquest name on them. Purolator (as does Fram, WIX, etc) makes oil filers for all kinds of "off brand" companies.

The last photo is the O-Ring gasket that come with the filter that you put on the oil filter cap. I wasn't sure if it was a part people cared about or not so I just went ahead and snapped a photo for everyone lol.
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
What is that last pic?.... a gasket or a very thin ADBV?
Interesting. It's declared a Premium, but in Ecore style.

I noticed that. I am glad I am not the only one who thought it was odd. E-core, and made in South Korea. I know Mann & Hummel makes Hyundai filters and they are stamped made in South Korea. So it actually might be Mann & Hummel.
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
South Korean made cartridge filter, not made by the usual suspects at Purolator in Fayetteville, NC, possibly not even Mann & Hummel made at all(?)

Back