Carquest Premium-New Design?

I received these two filters but they are different in their build as you can see. Any idea who makes these? Both made in USA. I believe the one on the left is a newer model; there is no mention of it's efficiency on the box like it's counterpart.

Attachments

• 20221130_192353.jpg
    20221130_192353.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 20221130_192126.jpg
    20221130_192126.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 20221130_191957.jpg
    20221130_191957.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 20221130_191914.jpg
    20221130_191914.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 132
The box for the left says 10K synthetic blend media. It looks almost identical to a recent Supertech MP / First Brands construction.

Their website said the blue filter was 99%@30 microns. Their was a post though some years ago,not too long ago,that showed it was 99%@20 microns.but the post,the picture and info seemed made up somewhere. Believe its still 99%@30 microns.

I received these two filters but they are different in their build as you can see. Any idea who makes these? Both made in USA. I believe the one on the left is a newer model; there is no mention of it's efficiency on the box like it's counterpart.

Yup, more than likely made by First Brands. Thank You for pics

Reactions: JC1
The Champ Labs one on the left should have the same media as K&N Selects, ST MP, and Champ XLs, 99% at 20 microns. The Mann one is likely Purolator One/Wix/NAPA Gold level, also 99% at either 20 or 30 microns, depending on size. Hope you got a deal, AAP jacked up the prices on them too high (IMO). Back in the day when Affinia & Fram made them, the CQ blues were a much better deal.

Reactions: JC1
Looked at the regular CQ yesterday in AAP, same a new premium, now Champ Labs ecore construction, not/(no longer) Purolator made.

My speculation, if not identical (including efficiency), they are very similar to the current WM Super Tech line. Same the AZ STP line, if I wanted a CQ Premium, I'd buy the ST MP series filter. I have read that some MP filters now showing up with black nitrile adbv rather than the specified blue silicone. :( If true, I hope First Brands gets silicone adbv back in the MP series soon.

Looked at the regular CQ yesterday in AAP, same a new premium, now Champ Labs ecore construction, not/(no longer) Purolator made.

My speculation, if not identical (including efficiency), they are very similar to the current WM Super Tech line. Same the AZ STP line, if I wanted a CQ Premium, I'd buy the ST MP series filter. I have read that some MP filters now showing up with black nitrile adbv rather than the specified blue silicone. :( If true, I hope First Brands gets silicone adbv back in the MP series soon.
Yes, I can verify that the latest ST MP I got has a black valve, and one I got with older date code had a orange adbv. I haven't used either yet.. - https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...lakes-from-forming-thread.359067/post-6268476

I wonder if AAP keeps 2 suppliers(or more) in case one has quality or delivery problems?
I'm guessing the play them against each other to see who gives them the best deal. They had Fram (-pion) in the past, and Affinia/Wix before that. I'm surprised there haven't been more white Baldwin ones around.

Back