Carquest Premium is Purolator ONE? If so, this is VERY convenient news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a closeup of the box claim. Its pretty tiny but should show up here.
[Linked Image]

This Wix that I use during the Winter looks like the outside of my CQ package image of the filter mount end, but as you can see, the CQ filter itself resembles the Purolator. I had also read here that CQ had switched to Purolator away from Wix after the AAP takeover of CQ. I also added the date stamp from the CQ for comparison if that is of any use.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Purolator birth date:
F11K07B1
F-Fayetteville
11-November
K- year 2000 or 2018
07-7th day of the month
B- Line B
1- Shift 1

Most likely Nov 7, 2018

The WIX is more obvious:
Apr 18, 2017

Originally Posted by LowMilesLesabre
Here is a closeup of the box claim. Its pretty tiny but should show up here.
[Linked Image]

Not the same efficiency as the PureOne, as the box shows 99% @ 30μ.

Well.....It just might be that I celebrated a bit too soon. Its remarkable how similar some of these filters can be and appear and yet there are subtle changes the manufacturer can create to allow for different specs. This CQ premium appears well made and I will certainly use it. If I decide to purchase Purolator ONE's on Amazon.ca, I will wait until they offer multiple filter packs in order to get the price in line for what folks in the US pay.

Originally Posted by LowMilesLesabre
Thanks for posting those images. I was under the same impression you are until I opened the CQ Premium I just bought and saw the Purolator Style openings. The photo on outside of the packaging looks like your CQ filter, but my filter doesn't. Here are some images I took of both the Wix version and the CQ I just bought this week.

I know some CQ Blue filters for diesel applications were made by Wix for quite some time after Purolator took over, not sure how long though (or if they still are).
That box pic is a holdover from Wix days for sure.

Originally Posted by Al
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by Al
I still find it odd that someone would say they do not a high performance car and so just want to buy the cheapest filter possible.when for the price of a gallon of gas difference you can buy a Fram Ultra that will double engine life
shocked2.gif

Double engine life, eh?

lol.gif

yup..at least
https://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/30697/choose-oil-filter

Fram sure has quite the fan club. Fram lovers will never be able to wrap their minds around everybody else in the world not buying Fram.

Originally Posted by OnTheRocks
Fram sure has quite the fan club. Fram lovers will never be able to wrap their minds around everybody else in the world not buying Fram.

PureOnes (and a few other filters out there) are high efficiency too (99% @ 20u) but with thier media tearing reputation I'd rather use some other filter rated at 99% @ 20u. That's basically how so many members here became Ultra fans, because it replaced the PureOnes they once used when the media tearing fiasco happened.

LOL ....

i-sure-hate-those-frambois-3.jpg

Nothing like the Fram haters club that no matter what will hate Fram and can't wrap their heads around the fact that fiber end caps are fine.

Originally Posted by WellOiled
I estimate I have run 180 FRAMS over the years and the FRAMS are trouble free.

I used to make that point with people in real life. Even though there were some problems, they only represented a minute percentage of Fram filters used worldwide. For every 1 where there was a problem, how many tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands, did not have a problem?

I don't personally have any feelings about Fram, 1 way or the other. For that matter, I have no emotional investment in any oil or filter.

Originally Posted by blupupher

hate Fram and can't wrap their heads around the fact that fiber end caps are fine.

Is that the reason? There are people who have an opinion about the fiber end caps? I really don't know. I don't know why anybody would harbor a hatred towards an oil filter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by WellOiled
I estimate I have run 180 FRAMS over the years and the FRAMS are trouble free.

I used to make that point with people in real life. Even though there were some problems, they only represented a minute percentage of Fram filters used worldwide. For every 1 where there was a problem, how many tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands, did not have a problem?

I don't personally have any feelings about Fram, 1 way or the other. For that matter, I have no emotional investment in any oil or filter.

Trolling.gif

I am not "emotionally invested" in any particular filter, but I have a rough list of criteria I use to choose one: must fit the application, offers good efficiency (99% at 20), is readily available at Walmart, is reasonably priced. FRAM Ultras fit all these criteria for me. I was buying PureOnes back in the day and never had a failure, but some on here did and reported on them. That would make me wary of using Purolator products. Your filter choosing criteria might vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back