Carnauba Cleaner Wax on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw at Menard's in Columbia, Missouri, that they're selling the big 14-ounce can of Carnauba Cleaner Wax from Turtle Wax for only $3.17 until Thursday. About 24 hours before I saw that, I had already bought a can from O'Reilly Auto for $6.99 or so. The Menard's sale is less than half price, at least in my town. Stock up if you can.

Last edited:
It's a good product for the none detailing oriented. The liquid is probably the easiest to remove I have come across. I have not tested the paste, it should be even more durable then the liquid.

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
It's a good product for the none detailing oriented. The liquid is probably the easiest to remove I have come across. I have not tested the paste, it should be even more durable then the liquid.

Thanks for the tip. I guess I have a favorable impression of Turtle Wax because Consumer Reports rated it number one in a review of waxes they did 2 or 3 years ago. It even beat Meguires. Go figure. In their review, the cheapest product turned out to be the best. They tested for a number of factors--the only one I remember is time length or duration of effectiveness.

You are thinking of durability, that was the liquid waxes. Turtlewax carnauba was tied for 1st with black magic wet shine. The turtlewax is much better then the wet shine for ease of removal from my own experience. They did not test turtlewax carnauba paste at the time for whatever reason, actually they only tested 4 or 5 pastes. Nufinish was the #1 paste.

I took a look at the paste while waiting for a perscription at Target. The one I opened appear to be a soft paste but was definately the same product as the liquid so it should be a very good product for the average user and a great value for the money. Even though it states cleaner wax its more wax then cleaner. The paste versions are normally even milder then the liquids when it comes to cleaning ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back