Carmaker April Fools Jokes

Gremlin - “This engine gets from 0-60 in 15.3 seconds, the pickup you need on expressways.” 😛
Don't be dissing AMC. The biggest AMC V8 , a 401with the th400 was a bolt in into the Levis edition with a 304. There was this one toohttps://www.pinterest.com/pin/big-bad-1970-amc-javelin-sst-mark-donohue-edition-throttlextreme--545217098646031452/

Don't be dissing AMC. The biggest AMC V8 , a 401with the th400 was a bolt in into the Levis edition with a 304. There was this one toohttps://www.pinterest.com/pin/big-bad-1970-amc-javelin-sst-mark-donohue-edition-throttlextreme--545217098646031452/
LOL, that was a quote from their own ad. They were average 0-60 times back then. None of us would want those stats on our current daily vehicles given how much faster the 0-60 times are now.

LOL, that was a quote from their own ad. They were average 0-60 times back then. None of us would want those stats on our current daily vehicles given how much faster the 0-60 times are now.
The early BMW 2002 Tii had a 0-60 time of around 10 seconds. And it was considered a hot car. You could beat that time with pretty much any modern econo-box.

But then a low 0-60 time isn't the only feature you might be looking for in a car.

Not a carmaker joke, but a local newspaper had an article about a 60ft whale that beached in the local pond. It was funny as heck, was on the front page with pictures and all. The pond is only a few hundred yards across...

The early BMW 2002 Tii had a 0-60 time of around 10 seconds. And it was considered a hot car. You could beat that time with pretty much any modern econo-box.

But then a low 0-60 time isn't the only feature you might be looking for in a car.
And indeed a 2002 tii was/is a very nice car
I always lamented that the tii, in North America, never (I believe) came with a five speed 'box (only a 4MT).

And indeed a 2002 tii was/is a very nice car
I always lamented that the tii, in North America, never (I believe) came with a five speed 'box (only a 4MT).
I once got to test drive a used Ti (not a Tii). The acceleration and handling were just fantastic. Unfortunately the car had been moded including Volvo front seats (of all things). And though I do like Volvo seats, not in a smaller BMW.

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 10.45.13 AM.jpg

the ones I like are belevable enuff to fool me.
Many of the 10, 20 sec tv news's guys usta get me (can't remember any right now but "hail and fire from the sky", would B the sorta thing; "penguins raid Argintinian town and gooble up every dog and cat food dish?) but I dont watch TV anymore...

Back